Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by after work today. There wasn't much if any progress and I couldn't get close enough to take any pics. Plus it was raining. Based on pictures of other construction projects it doesn't look to me like a supercharger location. Just my 2 cents.

Well, it is quite different from other supercharger projects, because there is a larger construction project going on around it.

I hate to steal Randy's thunder but since no one else posted yet I'll go ahead. It was confirmed by Randy and Tesla last night that this is in fact the first San Diego Supercharger site. Again, not much progress on the site recently because as markb1 pointed out this is part of a larger construction project. Either way I wanted to share a picture I took today. This is facing NW toward Pacific Heights Blvd from the driveway inlet on Barnes Canyon Rd. There is a complete fence around the site now so this was a close as I could get without jumping it.

IMG_3678.JPG

"I...I believe...I believe that...I believe that we...I believe that we will finally get a Supercharger!! "

Also I believe that markb1 was right all along!

Thanks, but there was someone else who found the site. Specifically, there was a post on Facebook that originally identified this supercharger site. (I'm not sure whether that person wants to be identified on a public web site, so I will leave it at that.) And Cosmacelf started this thread and provided some excellent pictures. I just work near there, and am familiar with the larger construction project that has been going on. I noticed the conduit going in after the location had been posted on Facebook.

Nothing of note has been done to the site since a week before Christmas. In another thread somewhere someone said an expected completion time of April, which is being driven by the main building construction schedule.

I don't see anything here that looks remotely like a Tesla supercharging site. Does anyone have hard evidence to the contrary? Pictures of anything that could give us some hope? Plans? Permits? Pictures of conduit layout? Pictures of Utility transformer pad/area? Pictures of pad or location where superchargers and distribution cabinets would be placed?

I doubt this is a future supercharging location!

I don't see anything here that looks remotely like a Tesla supercharging site. Does anyone have hard evidence to the contrary? Pictures of anything that could give us some hope? Plans? Permits? Pictures of conduit layout? Pictures of Utility transformer pad/area? Pictures of pad or location where superchargers and distribution cabinets would be placed?

I doubt this is a future supercharging location!

It's as good as confirmed, at this point. Conduit was installed in a configuration that matches a typical supercharger layout, and we have confirmation from someone in the know.

This is definitely one of multiple superchargers coming south of San Juan Capistrano. But we need real updates, updates, updates!

I wish there was more info to update. There has been nothing happening on the supercharger part of the project. It looks like they've finished the curbs for the new lot, and there are new trees onsite, but unplanted. They still need to fill in the areas where they tore out the asphalt, and the whole lot still needs to be resurfaced. I suspect the supercharger work will only resume after all that is done.

For those who have said "the SC site would be better located at"....

I've learned after 3 years of working with charging providers that one of the most difficult things about charging projects is the site acquisition portion of the work up front. There are many great sites, and there are equally as many reasons why the deal with the property owner or manager runs into issues of one sort or another.

It is definitely not as easy as people think it is...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to working on more charging projects in the future, not only as an EV driver to get to use them, but in my professional capacity because I love to learn as much as possible about the technology and the various issues...