Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like construction is going to be done really soon. Early next week, I'm guessing. But that's not including inspections, transformer installation, and provisioning. Oh, and the whole lot still needs to be striped.

- - - Updated - - -

Today they've unpacked the covers for pedestals, so I expect to see those in place today.

Drove by today and saw those nice Tesla superchargers making great progress! :)
FullSizeRender(6).jpg
FullSizeRender(5).jpg
FullSizeRender(4).jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait for this one to open. Yesterday I had to go to Chula Vista for an appointment and was running late so I had to drive 75-80 to get there. Coming back I made it to San Juan Capistrano with 15 left. Fortunately there was a spot open which is not always the case at SJC. I hope the local San Diego folks don't hog this SC. I do most of my charging at home and usually only hit SJC on the way back from a busy San Diego county day. On days that I have to hit Chula Vista and El Cajon on the same trip I have had to pick up lunch and stop at the service center just to make it to SJC. Once this one is open it should make the drive back less stressful.

This SC could be open as early as this week. Depends on how fast SDG&E can provision the transformer, I think.

In order for the utility work to be put on the schedule (which consists of transformer installation, cable pull through the contractor-installed conduit, and meter set), all construction work has to be complete, inspections signed off, and a successful mandrel test has to be passed that proves conduit integrity...

Just because you might not see any more construction activity in a few days doesn't necessarily mean that everything is done and ready for utility scheduling...I'll see what I can find out...

Well, most likely, Opening Day is "soon", or even much sooner.
Right, it will be easier to know when to actually go there after Opening Day is announced.

However, the time to cultivate relationships is now, to be better prepared
for a car full, to (hopefully) appear at the short-notice Opening Day Event.

How would an island of 100 Teslas and a sea of 400 people look to the undecided?
Perhaps like the time has come, and that it is time to get on the bandwagon?
Perhaps we could generate 100 orders from this one event.

Such a show of support would seem like a great way to thank Tesla Motors
for their 5-month effort to get this much-needed Supercharger Station in place
for us to use.

Perhaps a headline in the press "New Supercharger Mobbed by Teslas"?

Have they extended the blue hatched area to cover the entire adjacent stall?

I thought that there were two wider stalls on the left end of the inside six stalls.

Perhaps these handicapped stalls are sign posted to also allow EV Charging?
I wish they would start signing the handicapped charging stalls with something along the lines of "Handicapped only, unless all other stalls are full", essentially the same as the way handicapped stalls in restrooms work.