Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ignoring the pavement markings, one wonders if the SDG&E transformer has been placed,
and cables pulled through from the "street" to actually power the 6 Supercharger units.

Perhaps we can get a picture tomorrow of the transformer pad to guess at the progress
there. Or, maybe the job forman knows when power will be available for final testing?

The transformer pad is still empty. I'm sure Randy will post if he hears anything about SDG&E scheduling. And I will post if I see the transformer on site.

The SC handicap space in Oxnard is just as screwed up

Remains screwed up? If so, then we must be dealing with a local government inspector! The HC spot is seen by the inspector to be used by an ICE car, parking head first. Obviously, HC drivers are not capable of backing into a spot, and there are no HC Model S owners... (um my iPad tapatalk doesn't have the correct rolls eyes emoticon for here!)

Its great news! I have a Conference in SD in June. I now have a reason to drive down and not worry about looking for a place to plug in for the week. The Hotel I was booked into only had a 120v socket available. Now I don't have to deal with Blink! or Public Charging stations!

With some luck, it will be open when you make your trip. But we don't know when it will be open, for sure.

This morning two of our crews were on-site, one on the transformer side, and one across Pacific Heights Blvd where the transformer connections will be made...Work was scheduled to begin today, and should be done today as well...Power for the SC site is run from across the street from the nearest 12kV source and a new service / meter is being installed...

Qcom1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Crew hard at work across the street getting the 12kV connections prepared...

Qcom3.jpg

Here is what the aluminum wire looks like that the crews are using to connect the output of the transformer to the new service...

QCom4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Getting that transformer jockeyed into position for pad placement. Wire has been pulled to the new service and connections are next...

Qcom2.jpg

Hopefully we can put to bed the whole idea of the utility taking forever to do this type of work (that we do every day!)...Scheduled for today, happening today, finishing today....About 12 people in two crews, all the heavy equipment needed, coordination, cable being pulled, transformer lifted, set, and wired up, the whole nine yards in a nice safe manner...Done!

Hopefully we can put to bed the whole idea of the utility taking forever to do this type of work (that we do every day!)...Scheduled for today, happening today, finishing today....About 12 people in two crews, all the heavy equipment needed, coordination, cable being pulled, transformer lifted, set, and wired up, the whole nine yards in a nice safe manner...Done!

Thank you, Randy, for the pictures, and thanks to SDG&E for the professional and quick install.

I have noticed that in California, many sites have the distribution center and Supercharger Cabinets accessible. In most other states there is some sort of enclosure fence around the distribution center and Supercharger Cabinets. I don't see any signs of a fence going up at this San Diego site.

Does anyone know if there will be an enclosure fence in San Diego?