Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone driven by recently? Any further progress? I'm visiting SD later this month and having this supercharger available would be a huge time and stress saver. It wasn't fun playing Blink roulette when I visited last year.

Anyone driven by recently? Any further progress? I'm visiting SD later this month and having this supercharger available would be a huge time and stress saver. It wasn't fun playing Blink roulette when I visited last year.

They're doing landsacaping, now. No progress on the supercharger. I'm sorry to say, but it's unlikely to be done this month.

Have you considered using the HPWCs at the service center?

As an Angelino who goes down to SD regularly, I can attest that with a range charge at one of the LA superchargers or Rancho C., you can make it to SD and back up to San Juan Cap. just fine. Notwithstanding that, SD does desperately need a couple SCs.

Last edited:
They're doing landsacaping, now. No progress on the supercharger. I'm sorry to say, but it's unlikely to be done this month.

Have you considered using the HPWCs at the service center?

I thought based on plugshare there are only 2 HPWCs at the UTC store and they're not much faster than public chargers, and availability is hit or miss.

I did just get my CHAdeMO adapter so in a pinch I can charge at those freedom stations.

I thought based on plugshare there are only 2 HPWCs at the UTC store and they're not much faster than public chargers, and availability is hit or miss.

I did just get my CHAdeMO adapter so in a pinch I can charge at those freedom stations.

the UTC showroom has HPWCs available for owners when not used to charge their test rides, just check with the store before using. The Service Center off of Miramar has quite a few HPWCs avaiable and is not very far from UTC and you can use their lounge during business hours.

The service center has around 6 or so hpwc's available for use.

There are actually 7 out front in the parking lot, and they are all set for the full 80A. The service center is in an industrial area with not much around in the way of food / beverage joints. It's free to charge (of course), but the SC asks that you check in during business hours, and there is an e-mail to inform the SC that they ask you to use after business hours.

There are actually 7 out front in the parking lot, and they are all set for the full 80A. The service center is in an industrial area with not much around in the way of food / beverage joints. It's free to charge (of course), but the SC asks that you check in during business hours, and there is an e-mail to inform the SC that they ask you to use after business hours.

There is the brand new Ballast Point brewery/restaurant, which is about half a mile away.

There are 2-3 places with a half mile (10-15 min) walk. Also, I had great luck with Uber, when the UTC showroom was EV'd by demo Teslas and I needed a multi-hour 100% charger to make it to Yuma last year.

CHAdeMO is another good option these days.

Ah, that's perfect. Was not aware of that. Glad I got the dual chargers!

Here are 3 photos taken yesterday at 10105. As you can see, there is significant progress in the parking lot. The photos show the location of the charger cable heads where they connect to the cars. I was told that Tesla will start their construction on 3/19, all things being equal. Enjoy!!

SDSC150305-1.JPG
SDSC150305-2.JPG
SDSC150305-3.JPG

Based on the angle of that one conduit, I think it has been broken. Should be fun to fix that, considering they covered all the conduit in concrete. Also, the landscapers are in for a surprise when they try to dig up that dirt to plant all those plants.

wnb,
Very nice pictures. Most charging spots look like the back-in type.
I presume that each charging pedestal still needs a concrete
mounting base of some sort, right?
Thanks for your thoughtful efforts, Gary.

Yes, I think you are correct on both counts.

All that's been done on the superchargers so far is to lay empty conduit, and then fill the trenches with concrete. They presumably wanted to do that first, so they wouldn't have to dig up a brand new parking lot.

Glad that we're finally getting an SC here, but why in this area and not Mission Valley where the 5, 8, and 163 all come together and there's ample food/drink/and lodging nearby? This one seems out of the way except for tech workers who I presume own the lions share of Teslas in San Diego. Maybe I answered my own question.