Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently the crew that just finished Mojave are transfered to the San Diego site,
with a 3-week timeline to finish the installation there.

That time frame sounds about right. But be aware, just because they finish construction does not mean it will be live. After construction is complete, SDG&E will have to hook up the power. Sometimes this happens quickly, and sometime this takes months. It's very unpredictable. After power is connected, Tesla is usually very quick in turning on the switch.

Today's picture. Transformer pad and conduit for switch panels and SC cabinets in place. I hope to see equipment on site next week.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1428128316.923879.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1428128316.923879.jpg
    759.3 KB · Views: 645
If it's that bad for you , chademo or dual chargers are needed- both are simple options in sd

I have dual chargers, but I've never had a problem getting from Irvine down to SD and back to SJC. There have been a few grueling times in which case I've gone to charge at the SC.

I was looking at the chademo options and I found them ridiculously expensive. That and the fact that the adapter is expensive too.

Def just gonna hold out for this SpC ☺ can't wait

I am awaiting the Supercharger also......The problem is we are being forced up the 5 freeway to use SJC which is overloaded. Right now if we are going via the 15 freeway, we have to roundtrip from Rancho Cucamonga.....starting from rancho to San Diego, then back to Rancho is a stretch.....i can't make it, escpecially if you drive anywhere in SD. So I too am eagerly awaiting the San Diego Supercharger opening(s)!

Last edited:
I am awaiting the Supercharger also......The problem is we are being forced up the 5 freeway to use SJC which is overloaded. Right now if we are going via the 15 freeway, we have to roundtrip from Rancho Cucamonga.....starting from rancho to San Diego, then back to Rancho is a stretch.....i can't make it, escpecially if you drive anywhere in SD. So I too am eagerly awaiting the San Diego Supercharger opening(s)!

There are a ton of (28) CHAdeMO's in the San Diego area...from PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map:

San Diego CHAdeMO.png

eVgo QC is $4.95 / session + $0.20 / min on the a-la-carte plan. If you pay $14.95 / month there is no session fee and QC is $0.10 / min.

I really dislike the eVgo pricing model but one should be honest about the cost. Personally, I prefer Blink's $0.59/kWh pricing.

I am so excited for this Supercharger to go online. The only
places I would like to go in my tesla are San Fran. Las Vegas. And sandiego. I live in Los angeles and once this is completed my tesla purchase will be fully worth it, not that it already isn't.

eVgo QC is $4.95 / session + $0.20 / min on the a-la-carte plan. If you pay $14.95 / month there is no session fee and QC is $0.10 / min.

I really dislike the eVgo pricing model but one should be honest about the cost. Personally, I prefer Blink's $0.59/kWh pricing.

One problem with EVGo a-la-carte plan is it terminates after 30 minutes every time, so it will take 2-3 "sessions" to charge a Model S. Each 30 minutes session is $10.95 ($4.95. +$6), so $30 for a charge is actually not that far off.

I believe the $14.95 a month plan has an early termination fee if you stop it in less than a year, so it only makes sense if you are going to charge a lot.

I've used the eVGo a la cart plan a few times. It's still cheaper than gas, and I really appreciate the convenience of having a bunch of Chademo stations around for those few times I do a lot of driving in one day and need some extra electrons.

EVGo is losing money on their stations, I don't begrudge them the prices they charge.

If NRG would do a good job keeping their stations on-line I would feel a lot better about paying their rates and relying on them when I travel. I stopped by the station at the Cupertino Whole Foods and the Nissan CHAdeMO had an error on the screen and the ABB dual head unit appeared to be completely un-powered. Plugshare rating 1.3. Not good. Not good at all.

on April 21 I'm heading to San Diego from the Bay Area and it doesn't look like the SC will be up and running. I will charge at San Juan Capistrano and then travel to San Marcos, Carlsbad, and down to Coronado. This is my first trip so I've never charged at any location other than home or a SC. So I can make it back to San Juan Capistrano where's the best place to charge, I have Blink and ChargePoint. My initial thought was to go the San Diego Service Center. Any help would be appreciated.