Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Clarita, CA (LIVE 6 Apr 2018, 24 V2 + 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ICE parking has begun. 2 ice cars parked in charging spots even though there is plenty of room in reg spots. One guy I think was making a statement as he took a picture of the “30 min general parking “ sign before he left his Honda Accord.

• Love
Reactions: Djnolife
D2E6622F-45A7-4EE5-B6BA-E0363588DBBE.jpeg
9FC9F88A-FC4A-4833-9BEF-DDEEC917FB70.jpeg

And your photos show that there are open spaces available in that lot.

But the reality is that the parking lot owner controls the language used on the stall signs, and any car can park in the Supercharger spaces for up to 30 minutes.

Of course it is unlikely that the mall “security” people will enforce that time limit.

With that many stalls, it's likely that Tesla is preparing for the onslaught of Model 3 deliveries next quarter. I wouldn't worry about the periodic ICErs just yet. Unfortunately, those signs allow it and it does set a precedence for other ICE who might think that those spots are "safer" from door dings because they are parking next to a $100K car.

If it becomes a problem for any of you I suggest you get a Supercharger Extension Cord and just park behind the offending car and plug in. Not only will you be able to charge but then the one ICEing the spot will have to wait until you finish charging. Just a thought.

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
And your photos show that there are open spaces available in that lot.

But the reality is that the parking lot owner controls the language used on the stall signs, and any car can park in the Supercharger spaces for up to 30 minutes.

Of course it is unlikely that the mall “security” people will enforce that time limit.

The Bridgeport Marketplace has no security people to enforce anything, let alone parking issues. There is really no excuse for an ICE vehicle to park there - it is simply another selfish ignorant individual making a statement or a scene to the detriment of others - sad. IMO, while certainly not at the same level of importance, it is a similar statement to that made by an unauthorized person taking a handicap space - letting the world know they want to be seen as more important than they are, and demonstrating a keen lack of compassion and consideration for the needs of others.

Tesla was quick to start those repairs. I noticed some of the stations were not charging properly and I had to move to a different stall.
I guess their system notifies them that something is wrong.

I did notice some non Tesla EV cars had been parked there. The thing is, I believe I saw a sign that allowed them to park there for 30 minutes.

On a side note: This station is starting to become pretty popular and I have been seeing many cars there. Might be an issue with the M3 is in full production

Last edited:
The ICE parking has begun. 2 ice cars parked in charging spots even though there is plenty of room in reg spots. One guy I think was making a statement as he took a picture of the “30 min general parking “ sign before he left his Honda Accord.

There's nothing you can do to keep somebody from being an ass, but the problem goes both ways. He can't keep anybody from being an ass either. To be clear, I'm adamantly against anybody wanting to key somebody's car, or let the air out of his tires or anything like that. Doing so could be anything from a misdemeanor to a felony, and would be more of a dick move than what he did. But I make it a practice not to offend anybody who knows where I am parked, when I am planning to leave my car there and walk away.

Somebody should leave him a friendly warning for his protection that people sometimes do things like that, and people like us might not be around to stop them.

I was there on Friday, the nav said reduced services and closed. After spending 40 minutes on hold with Tesla Roadside, they confirmed that there were cars charging there and it was open. I really wanted to use it as I wanted to avoid busy Burbank and Glendale. When I got to Santa Clarita there were two other cars charging.

I charged last week in Santa Clarity and all SCs had yellow tape around them but all were working. There were many others charging at taped off chargers as well. All the work seems to be at the ground level, leaving all SCs working as far as I could tell. We ignored navigation message regarding this site not available, glad we did.

I was driving from Santa Barbara to Bakersfield a couple of weeks ago. When I left, the range said I would have 30 miles when I got to Santa Clarita, then at 7 miles out it said I had 10 miles left when the car shut down. I had it flat bedded to Santa Clarita and it would not S/C. The plug blinked green for about 5 seconds then stoped. The first towing company kept my screw jacks so I could not move it. Three more towing companies declined to tow because no jacks. All this took more than a week and many trips to the S/C in my ICE car from Santa Barbara. With no other choice, I hooked up a 1.4Kw Honda generator and baby sat it until I got 30 miles indicated. Still would not S/C. Flat bedded it back home (it did drive) charged overnight and all is 100% back to normal. Sorry to all there about this issue. I did meet some very nice people there and had many chats with them. Just one person left a note that said to move it, A/H. Oh well. At least everything turned out OK. I think I had a bad head wind. DON'T trust that range guage or let your car get too low. In spite of our little differences that week, I still love her! Merry Christmas:)

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf