Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Rosa, CA (LIVE 20 Nov 2019, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure re charging speed but on the row into the parking lot they're still installing more, so perhaps this was just live during brief testing and we'll need a slightly longer wait for 24/7 availability. So glad to get this in Santa Rosa though!

Was driving by today and stopped in.

A few guys there working. Not the most friendly or talkative. Said it would still be a "few weeks". Overall, it looked pretty well complete, from the untrained outside perspective.

Asked if it was a V3 and they shrugged their shoulders. Cables are definitely thinner.

Also asked if they had any idea when they were going to move forward with Windsor, and they said they had no idea.

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves on this one. The picture below shows the pad where the PG&E transformer will be placed. And given we are entering fire season, all the PG&E crews are out cutting trees away from the power lines. We might not see a transformer on that pad for a while. @ecarfan

IMG_9600.jpg

As far as whether this site is a "V3" site, the cables are definitely thinner, but I found this sticker on the inside of the pedestal. I am no expert when it comes to electricity, but 350A times 500V is 175,000W and I thought V3 was 250,000W. Can somebody explain this to me? @miimura

IMG_2900.jpg

As far as whether this site is a "V3" site, the cables are definitely thinner, but I found this sticker on the inside of the pedestal. I am no expert when it comes to electricity, but 350A times 500V is 175,000W and I thought V3 was 250,000W. Can somebody explain this to me? @miimura

View attachment 445960

The picture shows a label that says it can deliver 350A at 100% duty cycle at up to 35C. That probably allows for the fact that it can deliver more current for a shorter period of time. That is also only the pedestal, so with different pedestal wiring, the same cabinet might be able to deliver more current at 100% duty cycle (think Tesla Semi). I still haven't seen a picture of the rating label on the Supercharger V3 cabinet. If anyone can get a pic of that, I would be very interested.

Reactions: mociaf9
I still haven't seen a picture of the rating label on the Supercharger V3 cabinet. If anyone can get a pic of that, I would be very interested.

Not sure which cabinets are the ones you are talking about. I saw this label below but I don't think it was on one of the V3 cabinets.

IMG_6686.jpg

I think that for some reason, they have put the V3 cabinets in bags.

IMG_9250.jpg

Where should I be looking for the rating lable?

Yesterday, this gate was open which allows access to the back of the cabinets - no one was around. It would seem an error to leave this gate unsecured. I'll try to go back later today and see if the gate is still open. There are zippers on these bags. If I can muster the nerve, I'll unzip one and look for a rating tag.

IMG_4682.jpg

Yesterday, this gate was open which allows access to the back of the cabinets - no one was around. It would seem an error to leave this gate unsecured. I'll try to go back later today and see if the gate is still open. There are zippers on these bags. If I can muster the nerve, I'll unzip one and look for a rating tag.

View attachment 446236
Don't get yourself into a confrontation for a sneak peek. I mean, we're all curious.. but not curious enough to see you get into trouble.

OK, so I visited again - Sunday, nobody around and gate still wide open. I unzipped a couple of bags and checked all sides of the 5 bagged cabinets - nothing. I found the following on the 4 battery pack cabinets:

IMG_8110.jpg

And then I found the following on the single large cabinet with the "TESLA" logo on the top:

IMG_4472.jpg

I don't see any combination of volts and amps that would get me to 250 kWs. But I really have no idea what I'm looking at. Someday after this site has been completed, somebody can post a picture of their screen while charging and we will know. By the way, the pedestals are NOT labeled 'A' and 'B' as one typically sees at V2 sites.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and bmah