Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ysabel, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More ICEs than Tesla On a Sunday lunchtime.

The location in general is great but having stalls right in front of a popular restaurant by the road, in retrospect, was not the smartest decision. Instead, the stalls should go to the back, where there’s plenty of parking

Maybe Tesla can consider a short relocation?

Attachments

• 19FB3EC6-3CA6-47D4-8AB8-7D565A1D5795.jpeg
    19FB3EC6-3CA6-47D4-8AB8-7D565A1D5795.jpeg
    610.9 KB · Views: 139
  • CE214E3C-61D6-4E6C-8173-335CAEACDA15.jpeg
    CE214E3C-61D6-4E6C-8173-335CAEACDA15.jpeg
    858.1 KB · Views: 81
I'm sure the location was considered when installing the equipment initially (it's cheapest to install nearest the existing electrical infrastructure). It's really expensive to have long trenching runs, so I would say the chance of Tesla paying for a relocation after the initial installation is about at 0%...

The location in general is great but having stalls right in front of a popular restaurant by the road, in retrospect, was not the smartest decision. Instead, the stalls should go to the back, where there’s plenty of parking

Yep...there a couple of regular ICErs who take up two spots there every time I'm there...a little white pickup and a Honda. I'm pretty sure they work at the restaurant. I understand the signs say "general parking" but it's pretty obvious those are meant for EV charging and there are always open spots in the parking lot. After all my stops there, I've come to believe those "usual suspects" are parking there intentionally.

I passed this site on Saturday morning, and didn't see any ICEing. There were also a few open charging spots. 👍

However, when I went back by on Saturday afternoon to charge, there were three cars ICEing the chargers, and I had to wait about ten minutes to charge. None of the ICE vehicles left during that time, but one Tesla did open a space. :(

There happened to be a Sherriff's Deputy at the restaurant, so I asked him about options for citing the vehicles blocking the chargers. He understood the issue (and that EVs don't go around blocking gas pumps), but he didn't know how he could cite them. This was partly because the chargers are on private property and partly because it had never come up for him before. He said he'd have to look it up.

I can imagine that some additional signage might be needed warning of violators being towed, and that the properly might have to call it in to make anything happen. [sigh]

Reactions: DarthStar
I can imagine that some additional signage might be needed warning of violators being towed, and that the properly might have to call it in to make anything happen. [sigh]
In California, I believe the proper signage needs to be in place, but it only allows the owner of the parking spot to tow the vehicle from what I can tell.

Also see p32-33 here: https://www.calbo.org/sites/main/fi..._accessibility_for_ev_charging.pdf?1524861081

Though this website says otherwise? Doesn't cite a specific law, though.

Edit: I should note, there may be local laws that do allow citing violators, though.

Reactions: Oil Freedom