Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sault Ste Marie, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up and running! Limited power - 50kW for now
2019-12-04 18.48.27.jpg

Yay! My TCH dream draws closer to reality.

Okay, smarter people, explain something to me. SSM and the nearly simultaneous North Bay Superchargers are both V3 and both 6 stalls. My understanding (a phrase laden with caveat) is that each V3 cabinet supports 4 stalls. The photos clearly show two V3 cabinets in each location. So why not 8 stalls instead of 6? There appears to be room enough.

Okay, smarter people, explain something to me. SSM and the nearly simultaneous North Bay Superchargers are both V3 and both 6 stalls. My understanding (a phrase laden with caveat) is that each V3 cabinet supports 4 stalls. The photos clearly show two V3 cabinets in each location. So why not 8 stalls instead of 6? There appears to be room enough.

The number of parking stalls has to be agreed with the host. They're theoretically giving up normal parking.

Often the constraint is based on planning rules that set the number of required general parking spaces. That's why you see some stalls with "general parking" signs. Those ones still count towards the parking requirement.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and CharleyBC

It's sized to better fit expected demand. Tesla did put in the underground conduit for all 8 stalls but is only actually finishing 6 currently. As the number of Teslas increases and therefore the numbers of cars using the stations rises, they'll be able to quickly and cheaply expand to add the "missing" 2 stalls. In the mean time it saves money.

At 1050am today, all SSM chargers were off, unfortunately.
I haz a sad :(

This does make me wonder if they can enable and disable these Superchargers remotely - perhaps this means we will see massive simultaneous activation?

I hate the waiting game. It's boring. And the first person to tell me to stay calm can have two middle fingers for their trouble. :D

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12
I haz a sad :(

This does make me wonder if they can enable and disable these Superchargers remotely - perhaps this means we will see massive simultaneous activation?

I hate the waiting game. It's boring. And the first person to tell me to stay calm can have two middle fingers for their trouble. :D

Soon(tm).

It was working 2 days ago, albeit at a lower charge rate.

IMG_5683.jpg

Reactions: MarcoRP

As I said a few days ago in my Winnipeg post - Size matters...
In Winnipeg where the population is approaching 1M, they put in all 8 pedestals to start with. (They just haven't turned any on yet...) Most other locations currently (sorry) under construction, only 6. So it's anticipated volume, as others said.

Reactions: CharleyBC
Just what the Canada sub-forum needs is more outrageous speculation. Still don't get why anyone thinks the TCH superchargers are going to be activated in a different manner than the other 1,000+ superchargers worldwide.

Stay calm.

Awesome! I’m assuming Espanola and Blind River are active too, but we need someone to check them out first before calling it official.

I have updated Supercharge Info

I can confirm that Blind River’s was up and running, however didn’t seem to be running at full power.

The other interesting things is the lights were on the first time I charged up, however haven’t been in since.

Attachments

• FF9A1ADA-2682-4D30-84D0-DA044018254A.jpeg
    FF9A1ADA-2682-4D30-84D0-DA044018254A.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 91
  • D9DD1D27-CF34-4CE6-BE08-017A8B44B19C.jpeg
    D9DD1D27-CF34-4CE6-BE08-017A8B44B19C.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 103