Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sherman Oaks, CA - Ventura Blvd. (LIVE 13 Dec 2022, 40 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2hrs validation at stores.
95D89261-0532-4A2B-B194-0F30DF8A6B2B.jpeg

Are these open yet?! How many supers and how many destinations are there!
YES, they are OPEN (I went last night.)

They officially opened on Tuesday December 13th.

Last night I was the only car there, and I still only got 70kW...

You can go to Starbucks for parking validation, it's about a 200 yard walk.

LOCATION. This is in the multi-story car-park on the NORTH side of the Galleria. It is on level 3.

Attachments

• IMG_2719.JPEG
    IMG_2719.JPEG
    490.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

LOCATION. This is in the multi-story car-park on the NORTH side of the Galleria. It is on level 3.

worst parking structure in the valley - hands down!

the spots are super tight on the ground floor...and its like two garages in one (north and south)

best to enter the garage through camarillo and wind your way up from there - do not drive into the south garage or else you will get lost hahaha

I was the only one here! It actually didn't show up in the car as a charging option, so maybe some sorta odd slow rollout?

And out of curiosity, what happens at 5am or 10pm when you can't get validated? It's gonna cost a fortune in parking fees to charge. Happy it's open, but I really really hoped for 1 hr free. So I guess actually kinda sad. :-(.

Attachments

• 6B1FED44-CA68-4EFA-9BDA-F1617EC2D6B2.jpeg
    6B1FED44-CA68-4EFA-9BDA-F1617EC2D6B2.jpeg
    512.5 KB · Views: 84
I have entered about 3 times thru the N Galleria Ln and it takes you right up to where the SC are and then I exit via Camarillo. One thing: careful with the turns since all of them have these big pillars on each side and is not super wide, so be aware and drive slowly/carefully.
View attachment 885873
This is a helpful map, thanks! I went up on my bike 30 times to check progress, but I did a lot of cutting, so I didn't know which entrance to actually use with the car!!

I was the only one here! It actually didn't show up in the car as a charging option, so maybe some sorta odd slow rollout?

And out of curiosity, what happens at 5am or 10pm when you can't get validated? It's gonna cost a fortune in parking fees to charge. Happy it's open, but I really really hoped for 1 hr free. So I guess actually kinda sad. :-(.
10pm you should still be able to get validated at the movie theatre, never had a theatre employee not validate me anywhere. They don't get paid enough to care.

1am or later may have issues though...

Reactions: rayluis1988
Just wondering how everyone who has visited is feeling about the 'parking fees apply' setup. I've only encountered one other Supercharger, in Sacramento, where there is no period of free parking. I am super cheap, hence this post:), but I won't go and get validated, unless I buy something. So there will always be an extra fee to charge. I just find it super odd to put this amazing amount of charges in this paid structure. I couldn't imagine putting a gas station behind a paywall. Maybe Tesla could put 1hr validation machine by the charges :)

Reactions: HajoLa
Just wondering how everyone who has visited is feeling about the 'parking fees apply' setup. I've only encountered one other Supercharger, in Sacramento, where there is no period of free parking. I am super cheap, hence this post:), but I won't go and get validated, unless I buy something. So there will always be an extra fee to charge. I just find it super odd to put this amazing amount of charges in this paid structure. I couldn't imagine putting a gas station behind a paywall. Maybe Tesla could put 1hr validation machine by the charges :)
There are SuCs in parking structures with fees. One of the ones in Pasadena is like that. There is one down by my work (Irvine - Main St) that is also in a pay structure, but you can get a validation code for free parking:
When you click the Supercharger location on your navigation, it gives you a code on your car's screen. When you arrive at the gate, press Tesla Validation=>I have a code=>ENTER CODE. Then you just scan the ticket when you leave.
JUST TO BE SURE: the note above is from the Irvine, CA - Main Street location and does NOT apply to Sherman Oaks (though hopefully that changes)

Reactions: smilepak

Paying for parking on top of paying for charging defeats the purpose of cost saving going electric. But 2 hours validation at a Starbucks, now that ain’t too bad since I go to one a lot of the times anyhow. Hahaha

Reactions: coffeeplease