Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sparks, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has applied for a permit to install 8 V3 Superchargers at the Silverstate Plaza on N McCarran Blvd in Sparks, NV (address on permit is for ROSS but a supporting doc has an address for the B of A in the north corner of the lot). This recently popped up as Q4 on the map so this follows closely behind.

1660108498337.png

Looks like the Project Description has changed:

Installation of 1 utility transformer, 1 switchgear, 2 Tesla V3 Supercharger Cabinets, and 8 Tesla Charge Posts in parking lot east of Raising Cane. Project will also include the installation of a masonry screening wall.​
Maybe that'll put it more on the Marina side somewhere closer to here? Google Maps: 39°32'17"N 119°44'W

Reactions: PStewart
Also shows as approved and ready to issue with that update. Address was changed to 500 from 520 which is the address for Action Home Appliance. The applicant is GPD Group on behalf of the Shopping Center Owner so they can put it wherever they want. And technically the B of A is northeast of Raising Cane, just a lot further away. That address (700) was still used in the updated structural calcs that appear to meets whatever corrections were required.

1664977917270.png

I don't think that really changes anything for us. We have the supercharge.info listing showing 8 stalls in the parking lot east of Raising Cane's. :)
That's pretty good sleuthing you are doing. Actually, I am working as an engineering consultant on this location. I'll list some details as soon as allowed, but being that you folks are really good about being a detective, you are going to beat me to it :)

I first thought this was going to be at the Gigafactory. It's downtown, 22 minutes away.
I guess it could be called downtown, but more precisely not downtown at all. The planned Reno location is 3 miles South of downtown Reno and a mile West of I580 (395) that will be most conveniently accessed via exit 33B.

The Sparks location is about 2 miles East of what I guess you could call downtown Sparks (the old original district), although the locals don't think there really is any such thing as downtown. It will be very close to I80 to be easily accessed from exit 19 North (1/2 mile). A first choice was near exit 21 close to Greg St exit that got canned for a variety of reasons.

Both are in locations convenient to food choices and restroom facilities although that has very little to do with site selection (in this particular case). It's more about proximity to HV lines. The idea of course is easy access to two major travel routes. One being I80 East/West and the other being I580/395 although some people seem to think I580 is not heavily travelled, they are wrong.

You folks are pretty good at finding stuff. :)

Reactions: Big Earl
@Mrbrock, you are pretty good at this, given limited information. The address change is to indicate a more accurate location which is intended to be behind a masonry wall (not yet built) on the North side of the Extended Stay Hotel (just barely in construction now), closer to Howard Drive instead of McCarran which is in the address. Not really worth changing the pin as the one I see on the map is close enough to give people an idea of where it will be. Side note, all the new construction permitting with the Extended Stay Hotel tends to slow things down a bit. Permit dept up in Sparks is really getting a lot of work trying to keep up with everything new going on in Sparks.

Reactions: Mrbrock
Unless NNE Construction has another job other than SBLD22-23000 at this location, looks like they're getting ready for installing some Tesla Superchargers:
sparks NNE.jpg

The fenced off area closest to the parking lot service road directly across from the Raising Cane's currently has 11 diagonal parking spots. There's chalk on the ground maybe to mark space for charge posts and perpendicular parking?

sparks perpendicular.jpg

Unless NNE Construction has another job other than SBLD22-23000 at this location, looks like they're getting ready for installing some Tesla Superchargers:

The fenced off area closest to the parking lot service road directly across from the Raising Cane's currently has 11 diagonal parking spots. There's chalk on the ground maybe to mark space for charge posts and perpendicular parking?
@Mardak, you are 100% correct.
Sorry for the delay in answering. I don't monitor threads. I just come here when I am thinking about it or have something new. And my excuse is I just got back from a work trip to Fremont.

Your photos accurately show the location. Actually, this is the alternate location. The first choice was father to the right on the map behind the extended stay hotel that is being built and closer to Howard Ave, but issues came up with that. Here are some other photos today as I came back from California. There might be some confusion about the big ditch. That is to run the HV lines over to the HV access box behind Raising Cane's. And it has to be buried DEEP. The chain link area is where the SCs are going.

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

Finally, things are back on schedule.

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl and PLUS EV
I just checked the edit history, and the pin is in the same location I originally selected as “plausible.” :)
Update to my "Eye Doctor" quote above. I realize why I thought that pin was in the wrong place and moved..... because it did not match the "original" planned location of the SC. So my problem is worse. I need brain surgery :oops: