Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's funny is the number of Teslas circling the mall waiting for this to become operational (mine was one of those, I saw 3 Model 3s and two other S). For a supercharger that no one knew about until it was practically complete this is hilarious :)

• Funny
Reactions: Lanny
What's funny is the number of Teslas circling the mall waiting for this to become operational (mine was one of those, I saw 3 Model 3s and two other S). For a supercharger that no one knew about until it was practically complete this is hilarious :)

I've noticed the same thing. I've seen several Teslas cruising through, on the prowl for electrons.

• Funny
Reactions: compu85 and vdiv
I’m retired and can drive the 55 miles down to Springfield most any time. (And shop Trader Joe’s, the only thing missing in Frederick.)

But for you working stiffs, weekend or weekday for a ribbon cutting? Lunch or dinner?
Past activities have been on a weekend to facilitate a larger group gathering.
Once it goes live, I'll do a vote for either a Sat or Sun. And it's been a lunch thing, again just to make things easier for people to do something with the rest of their day. But there's flexibility.

Reactions: vdiv
Can I propose a tentative ribbon cutting this Saturday, 6/23 at 11am, then lunch at Yard House at 11:30?
@Half Dollar Bill you have the ribbon? I still have my jumbo clown scissors.
Can't do this weekend either. The Mid-Atlantic Gathering at Bald Eagle Park is Saturday.
Maybe one of the two following weekends, depending on a go-live date.
I'll go out on a limb to say that a Thur or Fri live date probably means the following weekend in order to give people enough lead time to adjust schedules.

There's a lunch meet-up at Dogfish Head on June 30th if anyone is not in the Washington DC metro Tesla owners group on Facebook.

I think Maggiano's has a room that can accommodate a group at Springfield Town Center? I've had a large group gathering at the bar at Chuy's which was semi-easily done.