Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Staten Island, NY - Richmond Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random q relative to the other supercharger site on SI down by the original target. Is there a reason it doesn’t show up in the Tesla app? Like when I’m looking from home, it doesn’t pop on the map like other sites do. My only guess was because it’s 150 max but as a noob, it’s surely a bad guess.
That’s odd, it’s showing for me on the app. If you’re using the navigation in the car you might have enabled a filter by mistake. You can filter by level of charging speed.

I was looking on the Tesla app, but also on plugshare. I thought it was a filter but no bueno. Was odd because i swore I saw it before but not last week. maybe it was a glitch

plugshare will show them, or should. Off the top of my head there are I think 6 or 8 around the mall. a couple by Krispy Kreme, I think a couple by Macys (maybe in the garage), there are a couple on the side by the theater (where Tesla usually leave the test drive cars) and I think 2 others.

Also through the app there are some that show up on Father Cap, down by the new track (parking lot by the boardwalk) and then in by the newer shopping plaza on Hylan, by old navy.

the other unrelated excitement, i think Hochul announced it a month or so ago, they have two sites on SI being planned for public/state funded sites, one is down Arthur Kill, the other two are Veterans Ave and Front Street. (article was paywalled on the Advance site). either way, more is good. I think they said these would be Flo sites, but they are all still just proposed (land is city/state owned and not in use, if I recall).
Here are the three Staten Island spots being eyed, as listed in the written statement:

• Arthur Kill Road
    • Block 7528
      • Lots:
  • Front Street
    • Block 2820
      • Lot:
  • Veterans Avenue
    • Block 7494
      • Lots:

Free public chargers? Is there an app I can download to see them?
Also worth noting, every time i check plugshare, many are in use. if you see the reviews, lots of comments about TLC/Uber/Lyft cars monopolizing them.

I was bummed the other day-driving in Great Kills by the train station, I saw a site with a bunch of Tesla cabinets. Got home and had to google it, it's one of the battery storage sites that is causing some to lose their minds. So close, yet not at all.

Reactions: DL00PY
I’m down the block, so this will be a huge plus for me haha.

Looks like they covered the ground back up

They did, I passed by last night.

Attachments

• 20240615_004826.jpg
    20240615_004826.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 5
I will say, with Tesla using the Mall parking lot for their test drive parking, I am sort of surprised that they never put an SC site there. There's a fair few of the 6-9kw free public chargers scattered around, but there's so much space...

I have a probable stupid question, since I'm a new Tesla owner and have only used Superchargers in Tottenville:

For the free ones near the mall, do I need an adaptor to plug it into my 2024 M3? I have the Tesla Mobile Connector, which I think comes with something. Also, where exactly near the mall are free ones located?