Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Steele, AL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0895.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: callmesam
I charged at the Steele Supercharger on my way up to and my way back from viewing the eclipse. It is a very convenient exit/entry to the interstate, has 8 stalls, and is off to the side of the Love's parking lot, which is conducive to napping if one is charging at night.

The #1A stall gave me a "connector cable error" signal, so I switched to one of the others. Tesla might want to check this.

The Supercharger is new and novel enough that we had gawkers and inquisitive employees wandering over to chat and ask questions. One of them told me that all Loves are going to have Superchargers. I assume that it is a wild rumour.

It is very nice that there are 24/7 bathrooms available, and it is an easy hop from either Birmingham or Chattanooga. With a 90D, it is a pretty easy hop to Meridian Ms. or Knoxville, Tn.

Forgot to post these pics from my trip through Steele Alabama August 7th 2017. The chargers were empty, Very easily accessed from I-59. Not much in the area but a place called Breaking Bread that is only open for lunch time hours 11:00am to 2:00pm. They were closed when I went through.
Steele AL Superchargers1.jpg
Steele AL Superchargers2.jpg Steele AL Superchargers3.jpg

My last trip to AL from Atlanta I contacted the Oxford AL city planning department and asked if they new the location of the planned SC in Oxford. They put me on hold for 5 minutes and then answered with the last news of a location was the Walmart shopping center area heading south from I-20 on South Quintard Ave on the east side.

I charged at the Steele Supercharger on my way up to and my way back from viewing the eclipse. It is a very convenient exit/entry to the interstate, has 8 stalls, and is off to the side of the Love's parking lot, which is conducive to napping if one is charging at night.

The #1A stall gave me a "connector cable error" signal, so I switched to one of the others. Tesla might want to check this.

The Supercharger is new and novel enough that we had gawkers and inquisitive employees wandering over to chat and ask questions. One of them told me that all Loves are going to have Superchargers. I assume that it is a wild rumour.

It is very nice that there are 24/7 bathrooms available, and it is an easy hop from either Birmingham or Chattanooga. With a 90D, it is a pretty easy hop to Meridian Ms. or Knoxville, Tn.

I am hoping our 85D can do the same thing.