Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Strasburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful car and beautiful view while 'not' charging..........yet. I'm guessing a day this week it will go live. Thanks for the photos. Strasburg VA will be the last charger needed for many heading to the D.C. metro area... and onward. Those soft hills of Virginia really look great and the daytime lookout sure will be easy on the eyes for those that only need a short charge. I may use it later this year on a fall trip. I'm very much a photo guy as I watch distant supercharging sites build and go live. So, again many thanks for the photos! I hope you're the first one to charge there once the TESLA logo lights turn red. Happy supercharging!!

Thank you for the compliment. My photos don't come close to showing what a beautiful location this is. Those mountains are beautiful and its a couple seconds off the 81 ramp! Stunning location

On a whim I decided to drive out to the SC. It's still not energized, despite what the manager at the Denny's thinks :/

I took some pics and video with the quad copter which I'll post later. For now here are some iPhone pics.

1f86fe0b203f4d6e15a2a8b9ec146179.jpg

79eec732ed7866b3613be54af97d8d8d.jpg

Boo..

a050bfd3376951f9169cd5fca38d9a92.jpg

Looks like a beautiful evening for a drive. The manager at Denny's has probably seen a stream of Tesla's plug in and from casual observation, it must appear that you are pumping a full tank of electrons and heading out again. Just like at the gas station. [emoji4]

Which quad do you use. I just ordered an Inspire 1 from DJI. BTW your car looks great!

DJI Phantom 3 Pro. I also have a vision 2+ which is still a good device and a bargain now.

During the final check off by a Tesla employee they will number the stalls. I guess we are waiting for the Tesla logos to light up and numbers to be added to the stalls...

Agreed.

Below are some of the video and pics I took.

It was a beautiful day for a drive. My ears are still ringing from listening to AC/DC at 10-11 with all the windows down and the roof open going ... exactly the speed limit the entire time! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cloverdale Va would be awesome! (about 146 Miles) - also the HQ for New River Electrical Corporation 15 Cloverdale Pl Cloverdale, VA 24077. They might have a few folks who know how to deal with high voltage. Also that exit (150) has a huge selection of services. Including an RV Rental Center, HOJO's, Cracker Barrel, MickeyD's, Taco Bell, Hotels, etc

Last edited:
Xenoilphobe, have you or anyone else checked Strasburg in the past few days? I'm heading up the Skyline Drive today and might swing by depending on how much range I have left when I arrive in Front Royal.

I was thinking about doing a quick ride out, but just got up! If you need a quick charge on the way back i have two HPWC's at home one outside 40AMP and one inside that is 80 AMP... if you make it this way let me know do a search in plugshare for Virginia Run Elementary - my HPWC is right across the street..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440873465.289965.jpg

There are also two CHAdeMOs in Charlottesville Virginia. We are only getting about 44 mi/hr. on each of them today. In the past we've gotten about 133 mi/hr. Still planning to go up the Skyline Drive this afternoon. May still check out the Supercharger in Strasburg this evening. Thanks for the offer Xenophobe. I have spotted your location in case we need to charge. I'm pretty sure we will be OK though.