Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tacoma, WA - S Steele St. (LIVE 11 Jan 2024, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First sign of Tesla specific equipment (sorry for the horrible picture).View attachment 983251 In addition to whatever is in the box, at least some of the concrete pedestal basis are inside the fenced area and the concrete pads for the electric equipment.
Any chance you were bel to read the tag on the box once your pic didn’t show it clearly? Haven’t seen a shallow box like this before at a SC site. Only obvious thing would be bases but those usual aren’t boxed.

There were construction people standing next to it, so I didn’t look at the tag. This morning, they do have the electronic equipment at the site. All that seems to be missing are the pedestals.
IMG_1866.jpeg

I agree, it’s such a strangely squatty box for a supercharger site.
Looking at what I was able to see on site, I'm not sure what was in the box. The only thing that I think would have fit in the box would be bases, but I agree that it would be weird to put those in a box. It's possible that they transferred whatever was in the box into the container where I couldn't see it since one door is closed.

Looking at what I was able to see on site, I'm not sure what was in the box. The only thing that I think would have fit in the box would be bases, but I agree that it would be weird to put those in a box. It's possible that they transferred whatever was in the box into the container where I couldn't see it since one door is closed.
It's a container of electrons they use for priming the supercharger electron pumps. That way they can get all the air bubbles out of cables. /s

This design is pretty similar to the job done up in Burlington on the 16 stall. Very tight for pulling into but you’d either need to be fully off your rocker or an expert driver to ever consider pulling a trailer into this lot. So I don’t see this being an issue.
Actually, Burlington are straight pull in forward and these appear to either be angled pull forward and back in, opposite of normal traffic, Or pull in angled. We will see once stops are placed and the lot is striped. But definitely angled

A quick update- they are filling in around the pedestal bases. The wiring seems to all be in place for the cabinets. The pedestals are unboxed and are definitely V3.
A boy can only dream of seeing a V4 pedestal soon 😂😂 just might have to stop in Wilsonville, OR or whatever the name was if the place down there that has them on my way to LA later this month.

Reactions: goneskiian
Actually, Burlington are straight pull in forward and these appear to either be angled pull forward and back in, opposite of normal traffic, Or pull in angled. We will see once stops are placed and the lot is striped. But definitely angled
I drove by today to check out progress and these are all angled pull in stalls, correctly positioned for the direction of traffic. That layout should hopefully prevent any ICEing from occurring or at least minimize it cause they will have to pull in between the chargers.

All cabinets are now in place. Obviously a lot of work still left to hook those up and to do the finishing touches to the rest of the project. Interestingly, one of the pedestals has also now been removed. I didn't see it nearby- could be a defective pedestal or they could have just removed it to work on wiring.