Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tacoma, WA - S. 40th St. (under construction Feb 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was posted by @PLUS EV on the Facebook site that a permit for a Tesla Supercharger was filed for 4207 Tacoma Mall Blvd. This is a confusing address since it doesn't seem to correspond to any actual business. The closest lot that would make sense is the extended REI parking lot. This is just across the street from my office, so I will keep an eye out for any signs of construction.

Last edited:
The Red Robin parking lot and the strip mall lot around it is always full. I think it is more likely going in the REI parking lot. There are a lot of spaces up there.
I love and appreciate your regional insights. I hope they put it at REI to avoid ICEing. Luckily with how close the two chargers are. You could roll in with 1% remaining and if they're full, ICE'd, or offline it takes less than 1% to scoot over to the other one.

Reactions: goneskiian
I love and appreciate your regional insights. I hope they put it at REI to avoid ICEing. Luckily with how close the two chargers are. You could roll in with 1% remaining and if they're full, ICE'd, or offline it takes less than 1% to scoot over to the other one.
If it's the REI extended parking lot where I think it should be, ICEing shouldn't be a big problem. It it's the Red Robin/strip mall main parking lot, ICEing is guaranteed. There is some parking in behind the stores on the North side of the strip mall that would be less ICE'd, but those would also be confusing to get to.

Last edited:
There isn't much info on the Tacoma Permit site on exactly where it will be. Is does indicate that site drawings have been filed but they are not posted on the site. This was originally posted by Marco on twitter. Should be enough for a blue dot @Big Earl
tacoma12.JPG

Reactions: Tacoma Dave
There isn't much info on the Tacoma Permit site on exactly where it will be. Is does indicate that site drawings have been filed but they are not posted on the site. This was originally posted by Marco on twitter. Should be enough for a blue dot @Big Earl
View attachment 928172
I saw that drawing too. The only places that make sense are either 1) behind the Vitamin Shoppe and Fed Ex at the top of the image, or 2) To the right of the Five Guys (the parking on the way into REI). If the chargers were placed in the center of the dots they would always be ICE'd.

It was posted by @PLUS EV on the Facebook site that a permit for a Tesla Supercharger was filed for 4207 Tacoma Mall Blvd. This is a confusing address since it doesn't seem to correspond to any actual business. The closest lot that would make sense is the extended REI parking lot. This is just across the street from my office, so I will keep an eye out for any signs of construction.
4027 is the address for the strip on the right. Five guys, happy teriyaki and half price books are all 4027 Suite X addresses. I’d guess the lot behind the strip.

1681481341298.png

4027 is the address for the strip on the right. Five guys, happy teriyaki and half price books are all 4027 Suite X addresses. I’d guess the lot behind the strip.

View attachment 928338
That's what I'm hoping for. There was a TPU truck by the electric equipment near Tacoma Mall Boulevard on that strip yesterday and I noticed some paint marks today. I'm not sure if it's related or not.

That's what I'm hoping for. There was a TPU truck by the electric equipment near Tacoma Mall Boulevard on that strip yesterday and I noticed some paint marks today. I'm not sure if it's related or not.
Permit isn’t even approved yet, yet alone issued so unlikely they are marking for digging at this point.

And, they are not. Church is putting in a sign.

Just a minor update. The original permit was flagged as having to be resubmitted with revisions. There is a second permit application for basically the same location (slightly different address but that lot has a lot of different addresses) that was submitted on 4/4/23. I'm not sure if this is the original one being resubmitted with the revisions or just a separate permit application.

Reactions: bruce4000
Yes, it has moved to a 40th st location which is weird, so it might be a different parcel (none listed)? Maybe the utility connection is at this address/parcel so they needed to reapply. It was applied for 6 days after the first one. This is an oddity.

For those hoping this is coming soon, the estimated start date is 9/1/23. Looks like the first round of reviews should be back 4/28 so more info soon.
1682487200735.png
1682487323635.png

Yes, it has moved to a 40th st location which is weird, so it might be a different parcel (none listed)? Maybe the utility connection is at this address/parcel so they needed to reapply. It was applied for 6 days after the first one. This is an oddity.

For those hoping this is coming soon, the estimated start date is 9/1/23. Looks like the first round of reviews should be back 4/28 so more info soon.
View attachment 931979View attachment 931980
The new pin is directly across the street from my office. I'm still hoping that they will build it either behind the Vitamin/FedEx stores or between the Five Guys and Trinity Church. The main parking area where the pin is gets very crowded. There would be major ICEing there.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
I don’t know anything, but from the satellite, it looks like electrical connections to the “big green boxes” would be easiest for the yellow highlighted parking stalls. Notice also the asphalt color, indicating that this area was paved at the same time as the “inside” mall parking, thus likely the same property (and different from the adjacent church). Anyway, @Tacoma Dave might look around this area for markings.
7CC825A5-CE2D-423D-892A-C12938EC68AB.jpeg