Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tacoma, WA - S Steele St. (LIVE 11 Jan 2024, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any chance you think this one charger will supersede the other 2 Precon Meeting required ones on Hosmer and Tacoma Mall blvd? (42nd/43rd or whatever they have listed as). It’s interesting to see the mall one leapfrog them move forward quickly.
Blackstone dig ticket filed today. Probably start next week.
1696905726622.png

Last edited:
This location within the parking lot makes a lot of sense given the food options (the food court entrance) and nearby bathrooms in the mall.
My main concern is that the lot around the food court gets filled. I'm hoping that the chargers are being installed on the outer edge. Otherwise, there will be major issues with ICEing. I will check the location in about an hour and report back.

Looks like Tesla figured out that there is a lot of demand here but I wonder how much is because you have to stop here if you are heading over the narrows bridge to Gig Harbor and beyond which have no chargers?
It's partly that, but I think all this activity is due to lower demand charges by Tacoma Power.

Last edited:
First sign of Tesla specific equipment (sorry for the horrible picture).View attachment 983251 In addition to whatever is in the box, at least some of the concrete pedestal basis are inside the fenced area and the concrete pads for the electric equipment.
Me being the optimist I am I’m hoping this ends up being a V3.5 or V4 site. Would love to see one of those units in person.