Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tacoma, WA (LIVE Mar 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the location and took some pictures. It is right off the freeway within a block or two of the on-ramp/off-ramp. The parking lot is wide open from the looks and it will have great visibility to I-5. It’s probably too early in the process for any marking to have taken place as I didn’t see any.

Lots of donuts have been done in this parking lot 😂 Might be a charger with entertainment 😂
510F5E1C-8545-4E17-A2D1-AF29D13A0AD0.jpeg
18373D99-A2E6-4E6C-9515-15302BF9DF09.jpeg

Wonder if I'll live long enough to see this one completed...
For more than five decades, I’ve been through Tacoma, over the Narrow’s bridge, and I have yet to see construction finished. My Grandfather, who took my Uncle to see Galloping Gertie before she fell, also never lived to see “construction complete.” I highly doubt anyone of us, or anyone for that matter, will ever see “it” finished. Once this SC is finished, it will be too small, under powered, and full too often, necessitating another the day after it’s completed. 🤔

I scouted this one thoroughly on Tuesday and didn't see any signs of construction. Drove by again last night and didn't see anything either.
As @Tdreamer posted, the ROW construction permit still hasn’t been issued and the site development permit is awaiting a preconstruction meeting. And no dig tickets have been filed recently for either 5219 or 5221.

1669440199488.png

1669440366916.png

Possible update. There are new paint markings out by Tacoma Mall Blvd. where I would expect markings for the supercharger. There is also one marking that I think is new where I think the superchargers will be, but not extensive markings like I would expect in this location.
Nearest to which business? I might stop and take a look when I pass through later this week.

Nearest to which business? I might stop and take a look when I pass through later this week.
The whole block in front of Jack in the Box. There are markings on both drives and on the sidewalk in between. The one little marking is down below in the row of parking spots closest to the freeway. It may be totally unrelated. I didn't get out of my car to see what the markings said.