Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Thornton, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When we find superchargers, we report them to the admins of supercharge.info (I'm not currently an admin there). I don't report those, or any discovered planned non-Tesla charging stations to PlugShare. While I believe PlugShare accepts crowdsourced info directly from users, I also think they have a feed of new charging sites from some of the major vendors (Tesla being one) that result in new locations showing up when they go live. I don't know if PlugShare has the notion of a permitted or under construction charging site as supercharge.info has.

When we find superchargers, we report them to the admins of supercharge.info (I'm not currently an admin there). I don't report those, or any discovered planned non-Tesla charging stations to PlugShare. While I believe PlugShare accepts crowdsourced info directly from users, I also think they have a feed of new charging sites from some of the major vendors (Tesla being one) that result in new locations showing up when they go live. I don't know if PlugShare has the notion of a permitted or under construction charging site as supercharge.info has.

Under Filters, Plugshare has an option to "Show Coming Soon Locations" that will appear on the map as a wrench icon. Massachusetts has a bunch of CCS chargers coming in the next 24 months that were manually added one at a time. Vermont and Maine have a few on the map as well.

Probably because some stations aren't networked, Plugshare lets anybody who is logged in add a public L2, CCS, or Chademo charger location to their map under "Add Station">"Add Public Charger". I believe you are correct that they get Supercharger locations directly from Tesla since they don't let just anybody add those to their site and wait until they go live.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Stalls, bollards, light-standard-bases, supercharger cabinets, and transformer(!) all in place. No sign of a meter. Power seems to be underground through the complex. Bollard covers and light standards themselves need to go up, and could use a lick of pavement.

PXL_20230616_175526180.jpg

PXL_20230616_175550055.jpg

Woo! Excited to get to use these soon. How far out would we be at this point? Maybe useable by August? Location isn’t too much of a pain. Like 2 minutes and one turn off the road. And there’s going to be a nice cafe sort of thing there as well. It’s one of the nicer locations I’d say in terms of amenities.

Reactions: kayak1
Certainly not getting NEVI funding, with a 4 mile, 8 or 9 minute diversion.
Post bases also appear to be the traditional v3-only bases and not the newer universal v3/v4 bases seen at many of the newer sites. I'd put money on stall striping aligned right on the charging posts vs. the centered striping seen on upgradeable stalls.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
This location doesn't even make sense for people visiting Waterville Valley for skiing because the Thornton is further north than most of the Rt 49 access road. (A few destination chargers at Waterville would be great though.) Maybe the idea is to reduce overcrowding at Lincoln?

Agreed St Johnsbury would be much more useful and should have been more of a priority for 2022. I was/am hoping that they add a supercharger where Rt 3 and Rt 2 meet in Lancaster NH in between St Johnsbury and Bethel. Even something further north on Rt 3 would be very appreciated.
Or Littleton