Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tofte MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Gopher State One Call ticket. Be on the lookout for construction activity.

Search and Status

1684846013100.png

I'd be shocked if anybody is local. Maybe we have somebody here that lives in Grand Marais, but this is a town with a two digit population if you don't count people at resorts. Even for somebody living in Two Harbors, this would be a 60-90 minute round trip just to see how construction is going. We may see this one pop up in the app/nav before we get any on the ground intel.

I'd be shocked if anybody is local. Maybe we have somebody here that lives in Grand Marais, but this is a town with a two digit population if you don't count people at resorts. Even for somebody living in Two Harbors, this would be a 60-90 minute round trip just to see how construction is going. We may see this one pop up in the app/nav before we get any on the ground intel.

90 minutes round trip? A walk in the park. 🤣

I'm not local but passing through - here's a few photos I took this evening. There's a construction fence around an area that was formerly used for check-in and guest services for Surfside. In a separate area, there is equipment enclosed in a fence. I counted 4 of the white plastic wrapped pallets in that area along with some other equipment.
PXL_20230610_012427109.jpg
PXL_20230610_012348737.jpg

I'm not local but passing through - here's a few photos I took this evening. There's a construction fence around an area that was formerly used for check-in and guest services for Surfside. In a separate area, there is equipment enclosed in a fence. I counted 4 of the white plastic wrapped pallets in that area along with some other equipment.
Construction fence up AND Tesla equipment (charging cabinets) on-site…
Seems like it is time for a construction cone!
@corywright @Chuq @Big Earl

Agree with @spaceman7, but I'll add some additional context.

They have cleared all of the way around the building right up to where the Tesla equipment is currently sitting. It'll be interesting to see what the final configuration will look like and whether an additional drive lane will be added that wraps around the building. I wouldn't call where the Tesla equipment sits as a separate area. Rather it is on the other side of the building and is connected with a cleared area all of the way to the front.

I also wonder if the existing building will be turned into a bathroom and lounge area because it sure feels like the supercharger installation will be the only viable activity near the building.

PXL_20230611_224501378.jpg
PXL_20230611_224402704.jpg
PXL_20230611_224340306.jpg
PXL_20230611_224109408.jpg
PXL_20230611_223936592.jpg

Last edited:
Now hopefully the abomination of the Duluth chargers get updated soon.
With the Carlton (and now Two Harbors) superchargers, I’ve been able to easily skip the Duluth super chargers every time I’ve gone to Lutsen/Grand Marais. They do seem pretty inconvenient for people passing through, but a nice place to top off if staying in Duluth. Would be cool if they could upgrade them to V3.

They really need to find a better place in Duluth. I was there last weekend and while they were not ICE'd there was a Model 3 that was there overnight (it was plugged in)! I suggest a few options: Holiday gas station by Spirit Mountain, Garfield Ave., by the Aqaurium, or in Canal Park. The only good thing about the current charger is no need for plowing in the winter.

Reactions: kingzorb