Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Truckee, CA - Donner Pass Rd. (LIVE Aug 2014, 11 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A recent visit to the Truckee Supercharger with record snowfall this season... :cool:

IMG_0306.jpg

I hit this on the way back from Reno a bit past noon on Friday with about 50mi range left on my S85D.
I plugged into 3A, and watched the power bounce up and down between 20kW and 70kW every few seconds. I was unpaired; there was no vehicle in 3B.

I moved to 2A, and power ramped up to 110kW and held. (That's about what I expect with 50mi range left on my car).

I never have issues at nearby Truckee/Brockway, but there are far fewer food options while charging.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I had the same experience as @EVCarGUyI notice Tesla no longer includes a phone number to report issues. Their website says that Tesla monitors Superchargers and is somehow aware of issues. Hmmmm.

They are aware of the issues. The decision to act or not act on repairs is what baffles me. A service tech in SLC once showed me the phone app they have that shows Supercharger health. It had data on each charger inside the cabinets, and which ones had failed or working with reduced output. They can see almost everything. Not sure if it's a lack of manpower or what as to why they let them fall into such disrepair before sending out a tech.

This supercharger location's reliability and performance has sucked since Jan 2018 when I got my car, sucked during the 2018-2019 ski season, sucked during the 2019-2020 ski season, sucked during the 2020-2021 ski season, and I just discovered this weekend that it still sucks.

Absolutely pathetic.

Reactions: ohmman
This supercharger location's reliability and performance has sucked since Jan 2018 when I got my car, sucked during the 2018-2019 ski season, sucked during the 2019-2020 ski season, sucked during the 2020-2021 ski season, and I just discovered this weekend that it still sucks.

Absolutely pathetic.
Have you tried the other supercharger in Truckee? It's 3 miles away.

Hmm. The last time I used this was during a very late snowfall in May 2020 and had no problems whatsoever hitting 145 kW during pretty cold temps on my M3P.

Do you remember if you happened to be in a stall near the entrance? Those tend to be more reliable, as well as the one right up against the cinder block wall at the far right of the setup. The other ones in the "right half" when facing the stalls are where the random disconnections/stops and low output are more common, in my experience.

Do you remember if you happened to be in a stall near the entrance? Those tend to be more reliable, as well as the one right up against the cinder block wall at the far right of the setup. The other ones in the "right half" when facing the stalls are where the random disconnections/stops and low output are more common, in my experience.
It wasn’t near the entrance. It was like the 2nd or 3rd one from the north side. I was alone at the time during a Sunday afternoon so that may have helped. It was empty because not a ton of traffic due to a freak Memorial Day slushy rain/snowfall which is not really ideal for a lot of of outdoor activities.