Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tukwila, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped here during the period when they were operating before they were shut down. The wheel stops were too close to the chargers and unless common sense was used you would collide with the charger before your wheels touched the wheel stop. So I am assuming they needed to reposition the wheels stops. The charger is back online now and charging cars as of today!

Saw this going up last fall. Was in the area and needed to stop at this charger for like 15 min in order to make it home (back up to Monroe).

Unfortunately, it looks like Hertz has completely taken over this charger with their rental model 3s. All 16 charger spaces were taken when we arrived, with 2-3 people already waiting on each side of the charger for a spot to open up. 80% of the cars were driven by people with Hertz jackets on, and they were all getting out and hanging out with each other while their cars filled up. They took their time too, seemed they all charge up near full and didn't mind that there were a lot of people waiting. I probably wouldn't have been as frustrated if I didn't have my wife and 5 month old with me just trying to get home.

Saw this going up last fall. Was in the area and needed to stop at this charger for like 15 min in order to make it home (back up to Monroe).

Unfortunately, it looks like Hertz has completely taken over this charger with their rental model 3s. All 16 charger spaces were taken when we arrived, with 2-3 people already waiting on each side of the charger for a spot to open up. 80% of the cars were driven by people with Hertz jackets on, and they were all getting out and hanging out with each other while their cars filled up. They took their time too, seemed they all charge up near full and didn't mind that there were a lot of people waiting. I probably wouldn't have been as frustrated if I didn't have my wife and 5 month old with me just trying to get home.
Curious what time and day?

So 80% of 16 is at least 12 stalls. That’s a lot of people at a minimum of $19/hr. I would be curious what their staffing is like if they have that many people that can be offsite at once.

And hopefully this isn’t the case with the 100,000 other hertz cars that will all clog SCs like this. I get that overnight L2 charging doesn’t allow them to turn around a car in an hour or two but seems like Tesla should limit fleet cars to 25% of a site at any given time, especially if there is a line.

Reactions: coltspackers
So 80% of 16 is at least 12 stalls. That’s a lot of people at a minimum of $19/hr. I would be curious what their staffing is like if they have that many people that can be offsite at once.

And hopefully this isn’t the case with the 100,000 other hertz cars that will all clog SCs like this. I get that overnight L2 charging doesn’t allow them to turn around a car in an hour or two but seems like Tesla should limit fleet cars to 25% of a site at any given time, especially if there is a line.
Well, my hope is that this is the time of day they all chose to go hit the Supercharger, and it's not like this all day. Hopefully not happening every day too, but wouldn't be surprised if it was due to the number of model 3s they have acquired.

My guess is that Tesla gave them a good deal on supercharging (free or heavily discounted) to close the deal with Hertz, and they are taking full advantage.

The problem is how to get this onto Tesla's radar. Once it is, its probably one database query over charging logs and fleet ownership to find if/when a single owner is hogging a site. But Hertz may fix this on their own: paying hourly wages for somebody to drive to the site and sit with the car has to wreak havoc on $/kWh; that might be sufficient pressure for them to build their own chargers.

The problem is how to get this onto Tesla's radar. Once it is, its probably one database query over charging logs and fleet ownership to find if/when a single owner is hogging a site. But Hertz may fix this on their own: paying hourly wages for somebody to drive to the site and sit with the car has to wreak havoc on $/kWh; that might be sufficient pressure for them to build their own chargers.
I seem to recall Tesla having a ban on using Superchargers for cars that were being used for commercial purposes?

This has got to be a one off or rare event. Paying employees to go supercharge the cars on top of electricity costs is just not feasible for them. Also I’d imagine they’re just as shorthanded as the rest of the labor market out there.

Reactions: Big Earl