Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Verona, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1677188384535.png

We've all been waiting for this moment, and Electrek is just as excited as me:

It's interesting that this very first Magic Dock site is not too far from Buffalo, where all the Supercharger cabinets are built. A Tesla engineer could be there in three hours, and this is roughly halfway between Buffalo and Boston|NYC, so possibly a good stop for lots of Tesla folks to try some dogfooding.

It was never noted in this thread, so for the record, this address of this site is:

5218 Patrick Rd
Verona, NY 13478

Last edited:
FYI this same kind of Magic Dock install was spotted yesterday at Malta NY. It appears that the Tesla team can roll in and do the upgrade and test in one day.

Well I can confirm that the CCS magic dock does indeed work now. Pick the post number and the adapter will unlock. Based on charge port orientation, I am indeed effectively taking up 2 spots. (12 charger station, and only one other one is in use, but would definitely not want to do this anywhere busy.) And I think the price is like $.14 more than the Tesla rate. (I was here with my Y last Thursday)
20230228_214420.jpg

And the answer to what's being done for cord length is nothing. I'm about 2 inches from the post to have enough slack to be able to plug in. But I think I may be able to claim first non-tesla in Verona?

20230228_214310.jpg

Well I can confirm that the CCS magic dock does indeed work now. Pick the post number and the adapter will unlock. Based on charge port orientation, I am indeed effectively taking up 2 spots. (12 charger station, and only one other one is in use, but would definitely not want to do this anywhere busy.) And I think the price is like $.14 more than the Tesla rate. (I was here with my Y last Thursday)View attachment 912451

And the answer to what's being done for cord length is nothing. I'm about 2 inches from the post to have enough slack to be able to plug in. But I think I may be able to claim first non-tesla in Verona?

View attachment 912452
$.39/kWh vs $.49/kWh Tesla vs non Tesla.

Reactions: WyomingEV
Can the list of chargers on the "Changes Tab" have an icon for Magic Docks similar to the Solar Canopy Chargers?
This feature already exists, @paulkva added it several months ago.

It doesn't use the label "Magic Dock", but sites that are open to other EVs will display a blue icon under the "Details" column.

This icon is also used for other regions where Superchargers are open to other EVs, but that do not use a Magic Dock.

other-evs.png

Hard to understand, the most popular charging system and they go to someone else. Could someone be getting a kick back?

New York state has had its EvolveNY program and chargers for a while, installing sites with 4 EA or 4 Shell Recharge high-power DCFC. So it seems like this one was handed some NEVI money to give them a December press release.

NEVI just adds a few requirements like the >97% uptime.