Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vienna, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where you took the first shot, is right next to the power pole. did you notice if the power cable roll was run up the pole yet? it was rather large and hard to see.

Pics from yesterday:

3540DC4C-F086-47AA-9650-3619784740D4.jpeg
27DD4420-8970-44AF-9852-2EE86A8DD4DD.jpeg

You'd think that Vienna can afford to burry its power lines. That's one thing that's underappreciated in Reston.

Ha, I haven’t escaped any issues in Reston even though we are underground. Randomly lost power followed by an excavation of an entire lawn overnight. I guess drainage is a big problem now with all the rain from the last several years...

Ha, I haven’t escaped any issues in Reston even though we are underground. Randomly lost power followed by an excavation of an entire lawn overnight. I guess drainage is a big problem now with all the rain from the last several years...
With all of the trees in Reston power outages would be a lot more common. Underground wiring if done improperly can indeed be problematic. In my community someone spliced the 240V wires in a pull box in the ground which promptly filled with water, both rain and condensation, ate its way through the wirenuts and eventually caused enough leakage to ground that the charging stations gave errors. Underground wiring here is basically underwater wiring, if done properly, at the right depth and properly marked it is not a problem, just expensive.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Looking back at Skapplers photo's the store is pretty much completed construction wise. They just set up the vendors soda machines and a good cleaning they should be able to stock the store. I would be surprised to see the power on in the store today and they will get moving and open the place up. I know the Royal Farms in south Riding sat there for weeks fully stocked but didn't open. Would or will Tesla open ahead of the store? interesting question.

Thanks for the photo's Gadgetinspector, I was heading by my mother-in-laws house yesterday. I hadn't though of going by the site.

Hot off the press. I was just over there snooping around the site -- and I struck up a conversation with the friendly general contractor for the site. Here's the scoop from him:

1) Tesla supercharger ready to go -- BUT it won't open until Wawa is officially open
2) When is that? Wawa is in there now getting all their equipment installed and are close to completion - shelving, drink machines, coolers,etc etc
3) "Certificate of occupancy" and some other acronyms (i didnt quite understand) could be issued in about 2 weeks
4) But -- the "official" Wawa open date is end of July (as I believe i heard him). Seems that date could be beat by a bit

So, as usual with SC starts, look like we all have to be patient. Things never happen as fast as we think they should.

For the electricians out there. In photo below, the green unit is buzzing - but white units are not.

IMG_5691.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5691.jpg
    IMG_5691.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 46
Hot off the press. I was just over there snooping around the site -- and I struck up a conversation with the friendly general contractor for the site. Here's the scoop from him:

1) Tesla supercharger ready to go -- BUT it won't open until Wawa is officially open
2) When is that? Wawa is in there now getting all their equipment installed and are close to completion - shelving, drink machines, coolers,etc etc
3) "Certificate of occupancy" and some other acronyms (i didnt quite understand) could be issued in about 2 weeks
4) But -- the "official" Wawa open date is end of July (as I believe i heard him). Seems that date could be beat by a bit

So, as usual with SC starts, look like we all have to be patient. Things never happen as fast as we think they should.

For the electricians out there. In photo below, the green unit is buzzing - but white units are not.

View attachment 545285

Thanks for the info. once the construction is complete 100% they apply for there C of O. certificate of occupancy. only after that time are they allowed to start stocking the store with goodies. That will take some time. I believe they will have to have the health department approve them also if there cooking food. IT is an endless process of approvals that just take time.

I do wonder if Tesla were to come check out the site and have it ready. Would they leave it up and running. Kinda of a soft start, don't tell anyone but it is active. Keep it to your self. That would also depend on Wawa pulling down the barricades also.

Reactions: picklem
Given that this site already got some press as the first “gas station” without gas (although this is the larger wawa store concept) I imagine that they want to do some sort of grand opening involving the chargers as well to get a little more press.

from the side street (not Maple) there were no barricades when i was there. maybe that is during construction hours that it is open?

That is good. we will have to simply keep an eye open for the lights to turn on one day. Simply post the charging rate if you do.;) I would be glad to keep it posted as under construction until they have there grade opening. I can see them wanting to do a high publicity grand opening.

I FINALLY can get a HAIRCUT in Vienna tomorrow, so I will stop by.