Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Warsaw, NC (closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wallace would be really out of the way for the routes that this charger enables - getting out to the beach in the Emerald Isle area. There's already a charger in Wilmington so Wallace I don't think would add much value. I'd rather see something like Kinston or even Jacksonville.

Jacksonville would be great for W-E travelers. But the N-S travelers would be in a bit of a bind if Warsaw were moved away from Rt40. Those with 60 or 70 KW batteries would need a (time-consuming) near-full charge and would still be on the ragged edge to make it to Wilmington. My first trip in an 85D in 2015 to Wallace required a substantial charge at Rocky Mount. It was so much nicer when they activated Warsaw. Hopefully Tesla will find a good replacement location in the Warsaw area. Wallace would be more convenient for me personally, but the "masses" would be served better by a new Warsaw location. By the way I like the idea of an additional one in Jacksonville. Too bad it is not on the current plan for new superchargers.

I have been told that the plan is to move it to the other side of Route 24 near it’s current location. I was there today and the current chargers are still functional! The trees have been cut down behind the current chargers.

Attachments

• 1A518F01-5859-4CB1-B4B7-51B2F89DFA11.jpeg
    1A518F01-5859-4CB1-B4B7-51B2F89DFA11.jpeg
    730 KB · Views: 269
  • 9D9C73FD-A024-4976-9033-C930FF5CCDA8.jpeg
    9D9C73FD-A024-4976-9033-C930FF5CCDA8.jpeg
    871.5 KB · Views: 229
I charged at Warsaw this afternoon and it was online with no problems.

The Tesla navigation on the other hand, from Fayetteville to Warsaw, did not want to load a route. I was using Waze as well on my iPhone. It took about 5 tries, including a reboot of the Model S before I could get a route to load ( I was already on Rt 24). The Tesla Nav seemed to have a lot of issues with Rt 24 - constant phantom turns and erroneous map display. It wanted to take me 12 miles extra compared to Waze. In fact when I got close to the Supercharger, it wanted me to take I-40 North to Rt 117, do a U turn and come back down I-40 South. It seems to think the Quality Inn is on the I-40 SB exit ramp to 24!

Headed that way tomorrow morning and Warsaw is a critical charge for my trip in both directions, otherwise it's a detour to Fayetteville. Started wondering, if the supercharger is "not in Tesla's system" as I've been told, and basically just a zombie supercharger, I wonder if there would be any issue charging a Model 3 at it, since the billing is tied to the particular supercharger. I was considering taking the 3 but after pondering this decided to take the S instead just to be sure, lol. Has anyone charged a 3 there successfully?

• Helpful
Reactions: bhzmark
I notice this has been changed back to "Open" on supercharge.info. Probably a good idea - just because Tesla's nav says it doesn't exist, doesn't mean it's not there and working! There are a few other locations that supercharge.info includes but Tesla doesn't (mostly those at service centres)

Reactions: GaryW
I charged here on 5/12 no issues in a model 3. I guess since it's flagged offline it also did not seem to charge (money) me. Win win. :)

I charged for 20 minutes while eating across the street. A day later noted a scratch on the car my back tail light, not somewhere you can scratch the car by accident. Not positive when this happened, but not sure I would charge car unattended at this location.

FWIW --- I was at Warsaw today at about 1 pm in my X. A Model S had just pulled in before me. I plugged in and got 107 Kw on 1A. The owner of the S didn't seem to have any problems either (I don't remember which pedestal he was on).

There was a lot of construction materials in the front of the Quality Inn. We stayed at the SC for only about 10 minutes to ensure we had enough to continue on our journey.

• Informative
Reactions: Zarwin
So I stopped at this supercharger yesterday (7/28) and wanted to mention that the stall on the far left (I think it was 3B) isn't working correctly. It would charge for about a minute and then stop. I unplugged and plugged in again and it would work for a minute and then stop. I moved to the far right (1A) and it worked fine. I only needed about 10 minutes of charge to make it to Surf City so I sat in the car while my family was ordering over at Smithfield's BBQ. Oh, and it didn't charge/bill my Model 3 for the 10 minutes like others have mentioned.

Attachments

• 20180728_141708.jpg
    20180728_141708.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 89