Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Watertown, SD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted overnight by someone else on facebook:
Here's an update on the Supercharger Station in Watertown. I believe the municipality has turned on power to the main box. So, I believe next would be Tesla to come turn on supply to the chargers themselves. Not exactly sure how this process works...but if the weather continues to be nice I think by end of week the station should be operational.

Attachments

• 91871B6D-33B6-43F3-8606-80CDC735373B.jpeg
    91871B6D-33B6-43F3-8606-80CDC735373B.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 27569288-3533-43B4-944F-FFE2ACCAE6B9.jpeg
    27569288-3533-43B4-944F-FFE2ACCAE6B9.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 53
Are you looking for another pool/contest? You didn't enter this one... I'll add you as a late entry here for Aug 1. You only get half the prize if you win.

Jul 9 @repoanything, described here
Jul 14 @theothertom, described here
Jul 17 @HyperionMark, described here
Jul 20 @Newyowner, described here
Jul 24 @lightfoot3b
Aug 1 @NOIDTF
Aug 5 @XHabjab, described here
Today is July 21 and I think we've seen "no go" for @Newyowner ...

I had some concerns about how the striping was going to work for these charging stations. I see the striping has been added. There will be a little bit of stretch to plug in the car and some tension at an odd angle. I have some reservations about this design.

Today is July 21 and I think we've seen "no go" for @Newyowner ...

I had some concerns about how the striping was going to work for these charging stations. I see the striping has been added. There will be a little bit of stretch to plug in the car and some tension at an odd angle. I have some reservations about this design.
Agreed, very weird layout! It almost seems like they did it wrong and should have had the bollards rotated 90 degrees towards the vehicle charging. Going to create some visual confusion, especially once it opens up to other EVs.

Agreed, very weird layout! It almost seems like they did it wrong and should have had the bollards rotated 90 degrees towards the vehicle charging. Going to create some visual confusion, especially once it opens up to other EVs.
I thought I had experienced charging at every angle by now, but this will be a new one! Good thing that I don't have to interact with a display or swipe any kind of card.

Everything is now complete and utilities turned on all the power yesterday. Meter is on also. Now, just waiting on Tesla to activate. Sorry to not be updating. My little Liam passed away here in Watertown last Wednesday. He was with us every day checking on this charger. Wish he was here to help open this charger.View attachment 686854
I’m so sorry for your loss. That’s terrible. Just know you have people across the country thinking of you.

Everything is now complete and utilities turned on all the power yesterday. Meter is on also. Now, just waiting on Tesla to activate. Sorry to not be updating. My little Liam passed away here in Watertown last Wednesday. He was with us every day checking on this charger. Wish he was here to help open this charger.View attachment 686854
Sorry for ur loss he is cute

Reactions: repoanything
I cannot imagine the loss. Sincere condolences for you and your family.

Are you looking for another pool/contest? You didn't enter this one... I'll add you as a late entry here for Aug 1. You only get half the prize if you win.

Jul 9 @repoanything, described here
Jul 14 @theothertom, described here
Jul 17 @HyperionMark, described here
Jul 20 @Newyowner, described here
Jul 24 @lightfoot3b
Aug 1 @NOIDTF
Aug 5 @XHabjab, described here
I haven't seen any sign that we have power to the charging stations yet. If so, @lightfoot3b is over the limit and out of the running. Here's hoping it is soon.

On a serious note, heartfelt thanks to @repoanything for checking up on this location when he surely has other things to be concerned with. I think we all have sincere sympathy for you and your family at your considerable loss.

Thinking of Liam. ❤️

I haven't seen any sign that we have power to the charging stations yet. If so, @lightfoot3b is over the limit and out of the running. Here's hoping it is soon.

On a serious note, heartfelt thanks to @repoanything for checking up on this location when he surely has other things to be concerned with. I think we all have sincere sympathy for you and your family at your considerable loss.

Thinking of Liam. ❤️
Thank you so much ❤️