Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Williams, CA - 6th Street (LIVE 18 Dec 2019, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another hypothesis is that it's Tesla trying out a new way to partially address/control crowding at busy superchargers.

There was some discussion of this idea in this thread:

Bruce.

Reactions: mociaf9
Another hypothesis is that it's Tesla trying out a new way to partially address/control crowding at busy superchargers.
Based on my experience that would seem unlikely. The one I clearly remember this happening with was Williamsport, PA and it was like 1am on a weeknight. And then there was another one also in PA late at night, but I can't remember which one.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I charged in Williams today and pulled 195kW in my 2020 X LR++. It is the highest I've seen so far on my car.

IMG_0556.jpeg

Reactions: PLUS EV
The entire Williams site was offline when I drove along I-5 on the afternoon of September 11. It’s a typical charging site for me when doing that route.

In any case, it didn’t actually disrupt my trip since I was charging at Electrify America using the Tesla CCS adapter. EA had free charging over the weekend at least in Oregon and Northern California.

Reactions: Limited
The entire Williams site was offline when I drove along I-5 on the afternoon of September 11. It’s a typical charging site for me when doing that route.

In any case, it didn’t actually disrupt my trip since I was charging at Electrify America using the Tesla CCS adapter. EA had free charging over the weekend at least in Oregon and Northern California.
Did you go there and try to charge unsuccessfully or did it just say it was offline in the Nav?

Reactions: 1100MCM
Moderator note: Several posts about the use of CCS adapters were unrelated to the Williams, CA Supercharger and moved to this existing thread.

Bruce.

I was in Williams CA earlier today on our way south to the SF Bay Area. We stopped at the Starbucks there to get something to eat and drink. We thought it might be good to also charge, there but it showed as off line on the Nav screen. We were close and drove over. Everything looked normal, all of the chargers had the Tesla letters light up.

We didn't try to charge. Anyone know why this supercharge is "off line"?

• Funny
Reactions: smartypnz
I was in Williams CA earlier today on our way south to the SF Bay Area. We stopped at the Starbucks there to get something to eat and drink. We thought it might be good to also charge, there but it showed as off line on the Nav screen. We were close and drove over. Everything looked normal, all of the chargers had the Tesla letters light up.

You could have just plugged in instead of posting here to ask?

I didn't know there was supposed to be a problem. We charged in Williams yesterday. All was normal. Several other cars too. So whatever it was seems to have been resolved.