Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wilson, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Tesla's map, they have added a new SuC location for Q3 2022 in Wilson, NC.

I'm assuming it will be at the Sheetz on Downing Street. I live very close so I will be able to keep a close eye on this one.

Reactions: J569
According to Tesla's map, they have added a new SuC location for Q3 2022 in Wilson, NC.

I'm assuming it will be at the Sheetz on Downing Street. I live very close so I will be able to keep a close eye on this one.
Could be, but I think they typically like to have them closer to Rt.95. It might be at the location where there is a Chargepoint station near Chic fila.

It's Q2 2023 so you likely won't see any activity for awhile, that is if you believe Tesla's timelines which historically are a crap shoot lol.
Agreed. We'll have to keep an eye out for a permit in the county but that time frame could be 3-6 months ago befoe that happens. Who really knows though since they seem to be getting built pretty quick for the most part.

Reactions: AMP85D
Could be, but I think they typically like to have them closer to Rt.95. It might be at the location where there is a Chargepoint station near Chic fila.

Agreed. We'll have to keep an eye out for a permit in the county but that time frame could be 3-6 months ago befoe that happens. Who really knows though since they seem to be getting built pretty quick for the most part.
That's a possibility as well. I live even closer to that charge point so either way I'll be able to provide updates next year.

Tesla is currently showing the address of the planned Supercharger in Wilson, NC

4934 Raleigh Road Parkway West
Wilson, NC , NC 27896
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 11.17.04 AM.png

I drive by that location everyday. There's a waffle house beside it and a taco bell across the street. There are also two gas stations for a snack as well.

As soon as I see construction I'll post it here

That is the address of a Kangaroo Express gas station. It's a Southeastern US franchise chain.

But interestingly

Become a Franchisee
Kangaroo Express stores are franchised through TMC Franchise Corp., a subsidiary of Alimentation Couche-Tard.

Circle K is also owned by Alimentation Couche-Tard.
Tesla may have a deal, or at least a path through to making deals with the franchisees.

I'm very close to this location. Will provide updates as I see them happening.
@Hexum Seen anything recently? I'd imagine a 20 stall location would look pretty impressive. It might even feature extra wide spaces for future MagicDock/CCS Connectivity

@corywright The "discuss" link from supercharger.info to this Wilson,NC thread doesn't work. Fixed by someone.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Guacahummus
@Hexum Seen anything recently? I'd imagine a 20 stall location would look pretty impressive. It might even feature extra wide spaces for future MagicDock/CCS Connectivity

@corywright The "discuss" link from supercharger.info to this Wilson,NC thread doesn't work. Fixed by someone.
I ride by almost every day and I have not seen any sign of construction.

I swung by today, no change in the last 4 months. I didn't see any signs of construction related to Superchargers wherever they do plan to go so I assume this site is still a long way off before opening.

I think they would be installed where the abandoned Kangaroo Express gas station was and maybe even where the pumps were located.

1692216671106.png

• Informative
Reactions: vanjwilson