Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Thomasville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla thinks it's live, can anyone confirm?

1657958242919.png

Assuming you meant TWO people charging (LOL voice dictation), where do you see that? The status saying 6 of 8 available doesn't necessarily mean 2 are being used for charging. They could be down, especially for a new site.
Sorry, yeah it was supposed to be "two" and not "to". I had posted it late/quickly last night and went to bed and couldn't edit it this morning when I re-read it and found the typo.

Recently I've seen if the site has stalls offline it will say that specifically in the information about the site. I would find very unlikely that 2 stalls would be offline in a new setup, maybe 1 (if it was damaged) or 4 (if an entire v3 SuC cabinet is offline) but not 2.

I just checked now and it says 5 of 8 stalls available, so either the site is slowly dying, or people are using it normally 🤓

this spot was rocking and rolling with Thanksgiving traffic sunday. I showed it full a few times throughout the day when looking and when I got there I was the 7th to plug in. load sharing was working great as even with all those cars I still pulled 206kW at 12%. Not a bad drop off from max considering the usage percentage and 6 out of the 7 were Y/3 with only one older model S.

this spot was rocking and rolling with Thanksgiving traffic sunday. I showed it full a few times throughout the day when looking and when I got there I was the 7th to plug in. load sharing was working great as even with all those cars I still pulled 206kW at 12%. Not a bad drop off from max considering the usage percentage and 6 out of the 7 were Y/3 with only one older model S.
I was also there Sunday around 9am and it was full. One Model Y pulled in and had to wait but only like 5 minutes.

I'm not really sure why it was so busy bc Archdale and Lexington were not full at all and only had one or two cars charging (both down the road from Thomasville in opposite directions).

I usually stop at Lexington on the way back to SC from VA (my personal favorite), but due to the rain/wind I couldn't make it to Lexington. I was using something ridiculous like 360 Wh/mi.

This was actually my first experience load sharing on a V3 (wasn't even sure it really existed). Only pulled 190 kW max when I first plugged in around 15% SoC.

the lexington one is kinda off the path i think most would want to take. Not a big deal if there arent other options but I think the thomasville one is just a lot easier. Yeah, with the load sharing you just gotta hope some of those cars that are still plugged in are tapered. My wife and I hit the charger at same time (landed at vacation spot on different days and carvaned back) and we both pulled exactly the same 206kW. We were there 10 minutes tops.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnny Vector