Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wilsonville, OR (LIVE 17 Nov 2023, 8 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have suspected this site for awhile as Tesla has had interest in this area for about 10 years. I was told in 2015 that Tesla had an agreement to buy the Mercedes dealership across the road but the owners pulled out at the last minute. Tesla built the south waterfront location instead. Then a few years ago Tesla filed permit to build a dealership at this I-5 exit on the west side. This charger is on the east side. I believe that permit has since lapsed, but maybe someone who is good with permits can look it up. This Stafford community it the wealthiest neighborhood in all of Oregon. Ferrari also has a dealership a few hundred yards away

Can someone confirm whether or not there is a small screen and integrated credit card reader underneath where the plug rests?
I’ll have to admit I recognized them as V4 but didn’t realize they weren’t any in the states yet so I didn’t realize the importance of them. I didn’t get a picture of it, But there was something shiny on the sides that was rectangular and about the right size and place for one.

Just so everyone coming in from the external press coverage realizes: unlike most SC installs where power shows up first and the Tesla gear is last… this location still has no transformer, and the permitted location for it is basically where the contractors doing the work on Tesla’s side of the transformer have their shipping container. So may be a little while longer than you are used to before this station gets activated. :(

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
Also a question as to whether this site will have new cabinets.

The European sites to date have all seemingly been connected to 400V V3 cabinets.
No indication anything other than V3 cabinets. The guess is they will just swap AC-DC converters with higher voltage ones when they need to. Architecture is the same. These are installed with larger diameter wiring for the potential extra power but that will also require more power from the service side.

Just so everyone coming in from the external press coverage realizes: unlike most SC installs where power shows up first and the Tesla gear is last… this location still has no transformer, and the permitted location for it is basically where the contractors doing the work on Tesla’s side of the transformer have their shipping container. So may be a little while longer than you are used to before this station gets activated. :(
Um, not sure which sites you are referring to but the vast majority of sites in the last 3 years have been built out without transformers until after the Tesla side is done. Usually the bases and posts are the first things installed then the cabinets then the transformer.

Can someone confirm whether or not there is a small screen and integrated credit card reader underneath where the plug rests?
The Bakersfield site has a separate small conduit coming up out of the bases which is for something lower voltage or communication related so it could be for a screen a card reader for CA NEVI money. I would think it would be an option installed at the factory depending on the needs of the site so there could be spot that looks like a screen but is just a blank plate.

Reactions: Big Earl
Didn’t realize how tall the V4 stalls are. They’re huge. From today:

IMG_2532.jpeg

Didn’t realize how tall the V4 stalls are. They’re huge. From today:

View attachment 980409
Someone reported several months ago that the cable COOLING system for the V4 is much more complex than the V3 chargers and takes up a lot of the space in the bottom half of the base. I think the overall construction is going to be similar to the Mega Chargers, which will have to have significant cable cooling systems to handle the ~ 750kw speeds?

Um, not sure which sites you are referring to but the vast majority of sites in the last 3 years have been built out without transformers until after the Tesla side is done. Usually the bases and posts are the first things installed then the cabinets then the transformer.

Every SC I've seen in construction has had the transformers in place first... but those were all a back in 2017-2019, so I guess it's changed. In any case they seem to be moving pretty quickly, there was a crew on site when I went by this morning at 9am or so... looked like they were cleaning up.

Reactions: Mrbrock