Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming this one is now under construction based on the Hawthorne map. Can anyone check?

I drove by today, and I didn't see anything that would indicate they had blocked off anywhere or otherwise signs of progress.
Potamic Mills.png

You can see from this picture it is a rather large parking lot. I only drove around the outside which is the most likely areas they would target. So if for some reason they put it up closer to the building it will be easier to miss. As stated before, I believe the best places are going to be to the immediate south (in the photo that open lot in the middle is a likely spot since even today when it was REALLY busy, that whole lot is mostly clear.) and then to the immediate north.

My hope is that we get an option for Roadsters to charge. Not holding my breath, though...

all 2500 of you guys need to get together and petition Tesla to make an HPWC to roadster connector. And then stick at least one HPWC per supercharger site. Seems like the most elegant solution. I would get behind that kind of push!

Because without the very patient Roadster owners there would be no Tesla!

all 2500 of you guys need to get together and petition Tesla to make an HPWC to roadster connector. And then stick at least one HPWC per supercharger site. Seems like the most elegant solution. I would get behind that kind of push!

Because without the very patient Roadster owners there would be no Tesla!

The Roadster owners paved the way for the rest of us. They deserve more.

The Roadster owners paved the way for the rest of us. They deserve more.

I do agree that Roadster owners are responsible for where Tesla is today, I do not believe they will get supercharger support. I imagine there has to be a drastic difference in the battery technology which is blocking this from happening. I imagine and hope that Tesla Leadership thought about this issue but I don't see this is a primary focus for them. Sorry.

I do agree that Roadster owners are responsible for where Tesla is today, I do not believe they will get supercharger support.

You're absolutely right about that, but all I want is a viable charging option. It's particularly painful here on the east coast where all of the public charging options max out at 30 Amps.

I would love to see 1 Roadster HPC (or Model S HPWC, if there is also a Roadster Adaptor available) at each Supercharger station so we Roadster owners could charge at 70 or 80 Amps. Just this would make Roadster travel nearly as easy as Model S travel.

You're absolutely right about that, but all I want is a viable charging option. It's particularly painful here on the east coast where all of the public charging options max out at 30 Amps.

I would love to see 1 Roadster HPC (or Model S HPWC, if there is also a Roadster Adaptor available) at each Supercharger station so we Roadster owners could charge at 70 or 80 Amps. Just this would make Roadster travel nearly as easy as Model S travel.

Ya it would be great if you could use some sort of adopter to plug into the supercharger and get a little increase in charge speed.

We're looking at you! You're our inside source (which we're thankful to have).

Nah, I think at this point Kevin's Job is done. He was just checking the Prince William County website to get updates on the permit status. It is a little out of his range to check Potamic Mills every day :p

Me on the other hand? Now that I have my Tesla, I plan to do frequent drivebys just to see if I spot anything (I live just a stones throw away from there).

18 weeks.... (4 months two weeks) from permit being issued to a site going live (approximately). The permit may be ready for pick up for months before the site crew picks it up and begins construction.. then the wait.. for the construction... transformer installation..... and site inspections... then the wait for possible ribbon cutting ceremonies......or at least a final inspection and final flip of the live switch. .... when it is a supercharger you need... it's painfully slow, if it is somewhere else in the country.. it seems the same time move along quickly!! Sooo we crank up TMC!! almost hourly trying to find out something! ...anything ...on that (critical supercharger to us) site. It's just what we do..... once we're "teslafied!!"

Ok, so I am 80% sure I spotted where it is going to be.
IMG_20140328_172457.jpg
supercharger spot.png

The aerial shot is a bit old, there used to be a bank in that cleared out area on the aerial shot if I am not mistaken. That is all parking lot now. But because of that, there is already electrical junction boxes sitting right there. From the photo I took, there is evidence of a recent trench dig (less than a week old), and survey flags marking off the area. So it seems like if this is NOT where they are putting that, then something else is going on here. The supercharger is the only thing that makes sense to me. I will check back in a few days I think.

I don;t suppose that this SC will be complete for my trip on Monday:scared:

Haha! No :( Will be another month at least before we get anywhere.

I'm glad this spot is not within the 'prime' parking zone for Potomac Mills. That said, I wouldn't try charging there on Black Friday.

Yeah, with it being to the right of the Movie lot, WAAAAAAY in the back, and pretty much nothing nearby, it would take a day like Black Friday to really risk it getting ICE'd. I still think they should have stuck in on the other side of I95, where the more "uppity" stores are at the Stonebridge place (theres a Wegman's, Potbelly, Starbucks, PF Cheng's, and a bunch of others)... it is easier to get to and more in the class of Model S owners... but that is just my opinion I suppose. By the time I caught on to this and suggested it to Tesla they said they had already locked in Potamic Mills, and I think they have a thing for the management company that runs Potamic Mills since they have been sticking Supercharges in a lot of their chains.