Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why not just install 10 from the start then? Just seems silly and like it would just cost more money down the road than it would be to do 10 from the beginning. Just my 2 cents.

The issue usually has to do with how many parking spaces the landlord is willing to dedicate to EV charging. I have found that getting the dedicated (ICE free) parking spaces is often the biggest issue for EV charging infrastructure. Once there is a lot of Tesla traffic putting many valuable customers into the shopping center (or wherever), the landlord will probably be willing to dedicate more parking space. If there are only a few cars a day, it's hard to dedicate 5 spaces and 5 shared spaces to begin with.

Space, the final frontier!

This afternoon 2:20EST or so. Foreman prefers no photos??? It looks like there will be 8 stalls. One is just not set up yet!

IMG_9727.JPG

Last edited:
This afternoon 2:20EST or so. Foreman prefers no photos??? It looks like there will be 8 stalls. One is just not set up yet!

I Got there apparently soon after you left. I also had a very pleasant conversation with the same gentelman, and he does have some very valid reasons for his request to not take pictures, one of them is that others in his chain of command find about the progress before he has the opportunity to report his progress at the end of day. IMHO, we should adhere to his request as he is contributing immensely to TESLA community, please.

Yes there are going to be 8 stalls, with SC in operational state within next two weeks. I am staying tuned for an official announcement by TESLA.

I Got there apparently soon after you left. I also had a very pleasant conversation with the same gentelman, and he does have some very valid reasons for his request to not take pictures, one of them is that others in his chain of command find about the progress before he has the opportunity to report his progress at the end of day. IMHO, we should adhere to his request as he is contributing immensely to TESLA community, please.

Yes there are going to be 8 stalls, with SC in operational state within next two weeks. I am staying tuned for an official announcement by TESLA.

How about uploading pictures with a lag time and not taking them when he's around? Definitely need to be respectful.

How about uploading pictures with a lag time and not taking them when he's around? Definitely need to be respectful.

Personally, I would not recommend posting the pictures, as it can potentially have an adversarial impact on somebody's livelihood. I know that we are curious, impatient and very passionate about TESLA, but please, let us not forget that we are also TESLA brand ambassadors, so let us represent ourselves in that spirit.

Personally, I would not recommend posting the pictures, as it can potentially have an adversarial impact on somebody's livelihood. I know that we are curious, impatient and very passionate about TESLA, but please, let us not forget that we are also TESLA brand ambassadors, so let us represent ourselves in that spirit.

It is being done out in the open, and they aren't government buildings so I can't really see them being able to really do anything about it. This is news, and we are all journalists in our own way. I don't see how posting pictures is any different from asking them questions and then posting that information here. Although, I would respect their wishes on the photos if there were people in them (or blur them out) but I really don't see any harm in the photos themselves.

People have been taking photos of these for the past 80+ SCs, I can't see how this one is any different. I am not trying to be mean or rude about this, just a difference of opinion I guess.

speaking of, drove by tonight, glad someone got pictures of it in the daylight since mine wouldn't have been very good in the dark.

I need to travel to NJ from North Carolina for the funeral next Friday, 4/26. Any idea if the Woodbridge SC will be up running? This is a must have SC for my S60. I guess I can take a little detour to Bethesda but they only have 2 SC stations (please correct me if I'm wrong) and they are in the mall when I get there during rush hour (5-6pm), and not sure if the SC is available. Any advice?

I need to travel to NJ from North Carolina for the funeral next Friday, 4/26. Any idea if the Woodbridge SC will be up running? This is a must have SC for my S60. I guess I can take a little detour to Bethesda but they only have 2 SC stations (please correct me if I'm wrong) and they are in the mall when I get there during rush hour (5-6pm), and not sure if the SC is available. Any advice?

Sorry for your loss. However I HIGHLY doubt this will be up and running by next weekend. I would not account this site in your planning.

Bethesda isn't too bad these days, the show room is down to one car, and while crammed into 4.5 spots, there are 2 Superchargers, 2 hpwc's at 80A (if you have dual chargers), and 4 14-50s. Even if you have to wait to cycle onto the SC, you should be able to pick up miles while waiting. Actually waiting out the 5-630 traffic might not end up being a bad thing...

I would recommend reaching Bethesda by 3:30 or 4. The northbound I-495 segment from Virginia into Maryland is absolutely atrocious during evening rush hour. Hang out at the mall for a bit and the traffic should die down past 7, if you can afford to. If not... good luck. :)

Sorry you have to travel under such circumstances. My husband recently did the reverse, going from NJ to NC with our S60. If you would like details on his experience, please send a private message with your email, and we can let you know what to expect.

I stopped by there again yesterday and spoke to few of the guys there. They are going to test it next week on Thursday and plan to open it the following week.

Great news! I am looking forward to this.

The funny thing is that I live 5 mins from Potamac Mills but I have not been over there since they have started construction. Thanks to all those that have been keeping an eye on the progress.

Last edited:
Great thanks for the update. This is great news if this timeline holds true. Recently the timelines have been blown out, but this one seems fairly reasonable. Hopefully it'll be open in less than 2 weeks!

We are WAAAAAAAAAAY out of the original timeline already haha! Site selection got held up... then the permitting submitted in January and held up... So here we are, for a site that if I am not mistaken was originally slated for "winter 2013" and pushing May time-frame, anymore delays would not at all be surprising.

I stopped by there again yesterday and spoke to few of the guys there. They are going to test it next week on Thursday and plan to open it the following week.

This is the critical SC stop for my travel to NJ next Friday. I know they need town approval and all but if the test is successful, I should be able to use it on Friday and try not to use the Bethesda SC . Can someone who live close by try it out on Thursday and report back on this tread? I really appreciate it.