Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yes, it's the grassy spot at the top left of his black rectangle.

Whooohooo! What do I win?

nice spotting of the progress Republic! I was going to go over there yesterday, but am avoiding putting extra mileage on the car at the moment since I am stuck back on 120V charging until my new meter gets put in... Really trying to avoid going back to driving my ICE haha! I've been babying the car, behaving while driving on the highway (like only doing 70 in the HOV instead of... Much... Faster... And just letting everyone fly around me... THAT takes a lot of patience from me, because I always want to go with the flow of whoever is driving the fastest!)

anyway, really glad my hunch was right, and also glad that someone managed to get photos even though I couldn't!

Ok, went back yesterday to get some daylight photos, there is also a bit more progress to be shown. It is pretty clear where they are sticking the stalls. There will be 10 by my count and since the outline I provided before on my guess is a little off, I thought I would try to focus that a bit more to show where it is going to be.
supercharger spot 2.png

The red outline might be a bit off, again to clarify this is a slightly outdated satellite photo, the "under construction" area on the photo is now all open parking lot. But the rest of the outlines here are pretty close. I tried to guess where on the satellite vs on the ground the 10 spots were, so at best it will shift the block up or down a few spots. The black box is where they are going to stick the cabinets for power conversion and such.
woodsuper1.jpg

By my count, 10 pipes, 10 stalls, right?
woodsuper2.jpg

woodsuper3.jpg

The trench that is dug out to run the pipes and wiring, stalls will go on top.
woodsuper4.jpg

This is a slightly modified photo from the one posted earlier, I don't know what this space is for... unloading and loading? This is to the south and east adjacent to the work being done.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: sorry for the one blurred photo, and sticking my Slurpee in the last one :p
Piña Colada flavor! Yum!

Great Work on those pictures "Chickensevil", here are some more which I took today. SC site is very close to McDonalds, refer to the last picture in this post.

Attachments

• WdbdgSC0001.JPG
    WdbdgSC0001.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 433
  • WdbdgSC0002.JPG
    WdbdgSC0002.JPG
    393.4 KB · Views: 413
  • WdbdgSC0003.JPG
    WdbdgSC0003.JPG
    396.5 KB · Views: 410
  • WdbdgSC0004.JPG
    WdbdgSC0004.JPG
    345.8 KB · Views: 407
  • WdbdgSC0005.JPG
    WdbdgSC0005.JPG
    376.1 KB · Views: 397
  • WdbdgSC0006.JPG
    WdbdgSC0006.JPG
    391.7 KB · Views: 383
  • WdbdgSC0007.JPG
    WdbdgSC0007.JPG
    525.6 KB · Views: 402
  • WdbdgSC0008.JPG
    WdbdgSC0008.JPG
    494.4 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
Great Work on those pictures "Chickensevil", here are some more which I took today. SC site is very close to McDonalds, refer to the last picture in this post.

All good pictures. Thx!

I don't think that the transformer in your picture is for the Supercharger. The smallest transformer that I have seen used so far for a Supercharger was 500 kVA. This one is 300 kVA and is on concrete that looks like it has been there for at least a few years. My guess is that there will be a new transformer near this one. The cluster of conduits on the back left of picture six probably go to the new transformer.

Last edited:
So part of my problem is when I try to log in through my phone...I also can't upload my photos from my desktop, because the files are too large.

I'll try compressing them.

- - - Updated - - -

image (3).jpeg
image (4).jpeg
image (5).jpeg
image (6).jpeg

Not sure the quality will be great, but I wanted to share what I saw today!

Thanks for sharing.

- - - Updated - - -

All good pictures. Thx!

I don't think that the transformer in your picture is for the Supercharger. The smallest transformer that I have seen used so far for a Supercharger was 500 kVA. This one is 300 kVA and is on concrete that looks like it has been there for at least a few years. My guess is that there will be a new transformer near this one. The cluster of conduits on the back left of picture six probably go to the new transformer.

Thanks for your valued input. There are bunch of WARNING signs stating "please stay clear etc. etc. etc."

I'm concerned about this location. This parking lot is full all the time due to the theater. I hope they put up "Tesla parking only" signs. If not, there are going to be ICE problems.

I really don't think this will be a *huge* deal. It is far enough away from the theater parking and the lot in directly in front of the main entrance to really avoid being problematic. Every time I have gone over there I have never really seen this section of the lot in much use. I think if it was one section to the right it would have been absolutely perfect (because it is like a wasteland... noone parks there), but I think this was the best they could do for easy power access already located near by.

Just my personal observations. I assume it will still be horrid on weekends like 4th of July or Christmas season, but minus those, I think this should be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

All good pictures. Thx!

Yeah, that transformer has been there for a while, if it is the one I am thinking of (hard to tell in the photo), that would have been there from back in the day when there was a building right in this area. They just never got rid of it when they demoed the building.