Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Hawaii (location speculation, general discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, also checked for a permit on Supercharge.info. He's usually right on the money with supercharger status. No permit showing. No way they would actually be installing without a permit. After all this is not one of those Honolulu Monster Houses.

If you have the street address, you can search the Honolulu database to see if there's a permit for the supercharger:
Honolulu Internet Permit System - Building Permit Search

I just searched both 3645 Waialae and 3633 Waialae to no avail, but perhaps there is another address on that parcel that I missed.
I also just looked and none of the permits for the solar canopy work included anything about EV chargers of any type--which is a checkbox that it lists--let alone superchargers. And I didn't see any relevant permits pulled separately from the solar ones. I.e. nothing from Tesla or anyone else. In general, I recommend searching by a property's parcel number as opposed to the street address because you never know for sure whether someone's decided to use some unexpected street number in their application (e.g. 3633 1/2 ...). So long as you know exactly where you're looking, you'll usually be more successful with the parcel number. In this case, the whole property is a single plot so searching by the parcel number was simple enough: Search TMK = 32037027.

If you have the street address, you can search the Honolulu database to see if there's a permit for the supercharger:
Honolulu Internet Permit System - Building Permit Search

I just searched both 3645 Waialae and 3633 Waialae to no avail, but perhaps there is another address on that parcel that I missed.
I searched the same database several hours before you. I simply put in Waialae with no number, to get a larger mix of results. I went back three months and didn't see anything that could remotely indicate a supercharger installation. I guess we'll know more once somebody else has done reconnesaince.

Reactions: nanimac
I drove over to Kaimuki and check out this location for superchargers. I saw nothing that wound remotely hint to superchargers. I guess I am looking in the wrong place, since I didn't find any sign of construction either. No solar panel installation or heavy electrical installation of equipment either. I was at the old Liliuokalani school and in the parking lot. Then drove all around the area. Nothing. The closest of anything could be the Tesl
Liliuokalani  1.JPG
a Powerpak shown in the picture of the old schools; parking lot. There's a canopy of solar panel already installed too.

Liliuokalani 3.JPG

Liliuokalani 4.JPG