Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you go east of RdL, especially to the Maritime provinces then I would say that is definitely the case. But if you are staying in the Windsor-QC corridor and even going north in Ontario to North Bay or Sudbury you have enough SuperCharger coverage to get around.
You're right, I'm really just sick of hearing people complain constantly about there being no Superchargers specifically for their needs, when there are many public fast chargers available. This says to me its all about cost, and less about convenience, which is pretty weak for people who've spent 6 figure on a car.

It can depend on your habits - I live in Toronto and have not driven more than 400km in any direction in over 15 years. If it is longer than that I will fly or if I am going to Montreal I may take the train. So I don't see why I would ever need a CHAdeMO.

I go to Cape Breton at least once a year but when I do so I fly to Halifax or Sydney. But if you were driving to the east coast then you absolutely need it and it is great to see NB and NS building these L3 chargers. Well done to them!

You're right, I'm really just sick of hearing people complain constantly about there being no Superchargers specifically for their needs, when there are many public fast chargers available. This says to me its all about cost, and less about convenience, which is pretty weak for people who've spent 6 figure on a car.
Nothing beats the Tesla superchargers. THey are faster, the plug is sleek and it’s obviously quicker.

But your right in Quebec for now you still need a CHAdeMO adaptor for most places.
I also bring my mobile charger just In case, especially with kids in the car.

Sorry man; convenience, speed, and availability of CHAdeMo aren't near Tesla SC and not enough for practical long travel. And my 2017 model S isn't compatible with Saint-Romuald and LaPocatière CHAdeMO for some reason (still waiting for Tesla answer for more than a month), so it's very limit to come back from Montréal or do Québec city Round-trip with my S75D. So price is the last argument in favor of Québec SC. In fact, I drive everyday in front of the SC in Rivière-du-Loup and never use it, which I would if price was the main reason.
Also for people driving to the Maritimes from rest of Canada, Québec SC is a necessary step to ensure fluidity and convenience, which will be necessary especially when model 3 gets mainstream, obviously with the need to put some in the Maritimes per se (probably starting Moncton, Halifax, Fredericton...).

Reactions: ThomasB
Sorry man; convenience, speed, and availability of CHAdeMo aren't near Tesla SC and not enough for practical long travel. And my 2017 model S isn't compatible with Saint-Romuald and LaPocatière CHAdeMO for some reason (still waiting for Tesla answer for more than a month), so it's very limit to come back from Montréal or do Québec city Round-trip with my S75D. So price is the last argument in favor of Québec SC. In fact, I drive everyday in front of the SC in Rivière-du-Loup and never use it, which I would if price was the main reason.
Also for people driving to the Maritimes from rest of Canada, Québec SC is a necessary step to ensure fluidity and convenience, which will be necessary especially when model 3 gets mainstream, obviously with the need to put some in the Maritimes per se (probably starting Moncton, Halifax, Fredericton...).

When i go to RDL ( Notre Dame du Portage ) to be exact not having a SC in Quebec city is a bummer. I can make it from RDL to Drummondville on one charge but Drummondville is to close to Montreal to make it worthwhile for me to stop there.

Price is the last point I am worried about i just like the speed and ease of charging. Doesn't hurt that its free! (well included in the price of the car)

Hopefully, the Tesla crates will be delivered to the site tomorrow. No post vacation delays, please.

This site is 25 km from where I live, so the number one reason I want them to finish soon is so they can go onto someplace I can use on longer trips like La Malbaie, Chicoutimi (Saguenay) Trois-Rivières, Repentigny, or Brossard.

When i go to RDL ( Notre Dame du Portage ) to be exact not having a SC in Quebec city is a bummer. I can make it from RDL to Drummondville on one charge but Drummondville is to close to Montreal to make it worthwhile for me to stop there.

Price is the last point I am worried about i just like the speed and ease of charging. Doesn't hurt that its free! (well included in the price of the car)
Yeah Notre-Dame-du-Portage is where I live.. I think only two Teslas in the region. More and more people stopping by at the Superchargers in RDL...Can't make it to Montréal with my 75D without stopping anyway.

Yeah Notre-Dame-du-Portage is where I live.. I think only two Teslas in the region...

I am at the Levis site now and the electricians are still working at 7:05 PM and show no signs of packing up for the night. I was waiting for them to leave to take pics, so googled their name and it comes back Notre-Dame-de-Portage. So, do you have any inside info on where they're going next? :)

The step-down transformer, the distribution cabinets and the five white power supplies for the pedestals are all installed. The pedestals themselves are not present, I may have seen them pulling some wiring through the conduits a few minutes ago. No transformer for H-Q spotted yet.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Monday evening August 7.

rps20170807_194742.jpg

rps20170807_194649.jpg

rps20170807_194559.jpg

Collin and Dubé electrician's boss lives on the same road, 2 k from where I live in ND du Portage. I guess Tesla gave them the contract if they worked on the Rivière-du-Loup Supercharger, they already know how things work. They usually don't take contracts in Québec city (I think), so that's the only explanation I can find. Keep us updated!

Collin and Dubé electrician's boss lives on the same road, 2 k from where I live in ND du Portage. I guess Tesla gave them the contract if they worked on the Rivière-du-Loup Supercharger, they already know how things work. They usually don't take contracts in Québec city (I think), so that's the only explanation I can find. Keep us updated!
Makes sense for them to be working into the evening then, since it is a long trek back home. Now if they coul only head east into NB next , sigh. Apologies to Riverbrick but I doubt that they'll be taking jobs so far from ND du Portage as to do the north shore or as far as Brossard.
But I am really pleased to at least see Levi getting done.

Thank goodness you continue to post about this over and over again, Tesla will definitely pay attention to this now that you've raised it for a 1,000th time on an owner's forum.[/QUOTE
Thank goodness you continue to post about this over and over again, Tesla will definitely pay attention to this now that you've raised it for a 1,000th time on an owner's forum.
I guess you aren't a fan of dry humour!