Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers - Rivière-du-Loup, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone is checking this site weekly for me. Nothing going on as of last Friday. Usage here will be more heavily slanted to vacation/holiday travel than to business travel compared to the average Supercharger location. Therefore, it would be really beneficisl to be ready for the Summer. Hopefully, they'll start work as soon as Magog is finished, if not sooner.

Reactions: Jaff
The distance between Moncton and the Augusta Maine Supercharger and Riviere du Loup and Moncton are almost identical, so my trip to the east coast this June will be via Augusta. Would prefer the Canadian route if R du L had their SC because that route has much better highways. But I am jaded after a year of waiting, probably will see another summer go by without a SC there.

• Informative
Reactions: rypalmer
Related question for everyone here. I'm anticipating that I will have to do my trip in six weeks without an SC at RDL, so I'm planning a route that uses the Circuit Electrique at Lac Pocetiere. The catch is that I don't currently own a Chademo adapter. I've seen options for people that are willing to lend/rent their adapter in the US, but are there any good Quebec/Canadian options that I should be considering? I'll only need to use it at just this location, and only once on the way out and once coming back.

Related question for everyone here. I'm anticipating that I will have to do my trip in six weeks without an SC at RDL, so I'm planning a route that uses the Circuit Electrique at Lac Pocetiere. The catch is that I don't currently own a Chademo adapter. I've seen options for people that are willing to lend/rent their adapter in the US, but are there any good Quebec/Canadian options that I should be considering? I'll only need to use it at just this location, and only once on the way out and once coming back.
I'm in the exact same boat and anticipate investing in a CHAdeMO adaptor since the Supercharger network in Canada is so patchy but a considerable number of CHAdeMO/CCS chargers are popping up in Ontario and Quebec.

Reactions: Jaff
I've seen options for people that are willing to lend/rent their adapter in the US, but are there any good Quebec/Canadian options that I should be considering? I'll only need to use it at just this location, and only once on the way out and once coming back.

The Club Tesla Quebec has a few adapters for rent. I think it is $20 per week, with members getting two weeks free per year. However, you would have to visit Montreal, Trois Rivieres or Quebec City for pick-up and return, so it may be more a hassle than it's worth.

If interested, you should try to reserve soon since you are traveling during the vacation season.

You might check with @slyastro At Roulez Électrique: 3 ADAPTATEURS CHADEMO POUR LE CLUB TESLA QUÉBEC!

Looks like there are some that you could pick up on your way up to RDL: Tesla Model S CHAdeMO Adapter Loaners

Edit:Thanks @RiverBrick . Beat me to it!

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I'm in the exact same boat and anticipate investing in a CHAdeMO adaptor since the Supercharger network in Canada is so patchy but a considerable number of CHAdeMO/CCS chargers are popping up in Ontario and Quebec.

I think it would be a good investment.

Those of us who made long distance trips before the Super Chargers were in Canada, did our best to plan ahead, and acquire a reasonable array of adapters to allow a broader spectrum of charge points.

Although we here in Southern Ontario are fairly well covered East to West, it is quite conceivable that we may run in to a situation where a CHAdeMo Level III independent charge station will bail us out...best to be prepared.

Hello!

The Quebec's Tesla Club has 4 CHADEMO Adaptor that can be rented for free to it's members (40$ / year). Considering the price to buy a CHADEMO adaptor is nearly 700$ CAD, I think it's a good deal.

The clubs website: club-tesla-quebec

The CHAdeMO adaptor reservation website: Gestion CHAdeMO Club Tesla Québec

Have a nice trip ... please come by to visit our charging station in downtown Trois-Rivieres:

ChargeHub - Full Station Details Page

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
This deal sounds perfect! Is there any way that some kind of pickup could be arranged from a location on the TransCanada south of Trois Rivieres? I ask because I'll be coming west to east and the detour up to Trois Rivieres would use too many kms. Have you ever done something like this before?

Hello!

The Quebec's Tesla Club has 4 CHADEMO Adaptor that can be rented for free to it's members (40$ / year). Considering the price to buy a CHADEMO adaptor is nearly 700$ CAD, I think it's a good deal.

Five week to go. No way will the site be ready, but construction will have started, so maybe you will be able to use it on the way back. In any case, you can take pics for us.

My girlfriend's parents are living in R-d-L so I'll be able to provide frequent updates when they'll start construction (they live within 1 km from Hôtel Universel)...

Hello!

The clubs website: club-tesla-quebec

The CHAdeMO adaptor reservation website: Gestion CHAdeMO Club Tesla Québec

Have a nice trip ... please come by to visit our charging station in downtown Trois-Rivieres:

Hi slyastro - I tried to send an email via the club website but no reply. I'm looking to see if I can borrow the adapter, and join the club. Please let me know. Thanks.

For getting to the Maritimes I almost wish they would build the Woodstock, New Brunswick, SC before the Riviere du Loup SC since we now at least have a SC in Augusta Maine now, and with the Magog SC now coming on line that would be a feasible route going east. Heading to the Gaspe one at least has the options of ChaDeMo chargers in Quebec City, La Pocatiere and Mont Joli.

• Informative
Reactions: 5YJSA and rypalmer
For getting to the Maritimes I almost wish they would build the Woodstock, New Brunswick, SC before the Riviere du Loup SC since we now at least have a SC in Augusta Maine now, and with the Magog SC now coming on line that would be a feasible route going east. Heading to the Gaspe one at least has the options of ChaDeMo chargers in Quebec City, La Pocatiere and Mont Joli.
I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully another private partnership will pop up in NB, like the L3 charger in Halifax. I wonder why this hasn't happened yet.

I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully another private partnership will pop up in NB, like the L3 charger in Halifax. I wonder why this hasn't happened yet.
Oh. I have no illusions. I bought my Model S in March 2015 expecting to soon use the Riviere du Loup Supercharger for our annual summer road trip back to the East coast; since it, and Woodstock, NB, were on the SC map for 2015. Just musing about which SC will be built first, R du Loup or Woodstock, NB before hell freezes over.;)

Reactions: rypalmer
After the Globe and Mail article, The Eastern Quebec bureau of Radio Canada (CBC) checked with the city of Riviere-du-Loup and was told construction would start on June 6th. However, no sign of work today on the 9th, besides some markings on the ground. Maybe the city issued a permit for a window starting June 6th?

Article from May 26 in French.

Rivière-du-Loup fait partie des 4 villes choisies par Tesla

Just got back from my road trip to New Brunswick. It was the most smooth trip yet and the bonus loan of an adapter from Lance made it go even faster. If/when we get those SCs in place in Levis/RDL/Woodstock, an electric car road trip to Canada's east coast will be truly delightful. I really hope all three can be completed by the time I go on this same road trip again next summer.