Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers slowing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went on a 4,000 mile road trip in June 2019 with my 2015 Tesla Model S85D and experienced pretty fast charge times like I'd expect with only occasional slowdowns that were fixed by moving to a different stall. Just this past Christmas break I went on a nearly 6,000 mile road trip from Utah to Florida and noticed my car was much less likely to get up to 130kW peak charging, even when plugging in at 3% which I did a couple times. Even when it did get into the 120kW range it usually lowered from there quite quickly and the majority of charging was around 50-100kW. I don't have any hard data, but I agree it appears my charge rate has been reduced from one of the more recent software updates. Kind of disappointing, but mostly I just wish Tesla would give me more insight into the condition of my actual battery pack. I think transparency would appease a lot of people, but would also cause an uproar among others. Tesla is also incentivised to protect the battery more to protect themselves from warranty claims, but it will also help owners in the long term...unless of course we can get a brand new battery just before the warranty runs out.

Reactions: Gwgan