Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m wondering if I’ve exhausted the the pip colors in the map view by year. Both 2017 and 2019 appear to be the same yellow, to my eyes at least. Hope it’s not early cataracts:)
Mine look ok - not as many dots as you, but as many years. I knew a guy that could help you, but I think he retired.
upload_2019-5-28_23-45-55.png

I’m wondering if I’ve exhausted the the pip colors in the map view by year. Both 2017 and 2019 appear to be the same yellow, to my eyes at least. Hope it’s not early cataracts:)

Yep, same yellow for your 2017 and 2019 visits when I checked it. Tableau is usually pretty consistent with its colors, but sometimes it does different things. This is the first time I’ve seen it duplicate colors.

What do you think of adding a "Verified" tag? Probably just a comment in the "Leader" column, since there is room there and it is a comment column only.

To achieve the "Verified" tag the participant would need to have documentation of each visit - photo, TeslaFi, tracker, or something else. I suggest giving the tag to anyone who agrees to keep documentation going forward, since it is a new rule.

I have not kept documentation, though I do sometimes take photos. It really would not be that hard to snap a phone photo at each supercharger, or get a tracker. I don't think missing a couple in your tracker would disqualify the visits or the "verified" tag - like if TeslaFi did not record it for some reason, or you forgot to take a photo.

Easy for those of us that PAY to play this game. I even RE-visited several chargers I had previously been to before adding them to the spreadsheet because they didn't show up in my Tesla account. I initially visited them in a service loaner with FUSC, BOY I put a lot of miles on that car.

A couple of chargers don't show up in my account that I visited. Who paid for that power? Can I use a witness to verify I have been there? I guess I'll pick them up again now that there is a new Vegas SuC to visit.

What do you think of adding a "Verified" tag? Probably just a comment in the "Leader" column, since there is room there and it is a comment column only.

To achieve the "Verified" tag the participant would need to have documentation of each visit - photo, TeslaFi, tracker, or something else. I suggest giving the tag to anyone who agrees to keep documentation going forward, since it is a new rule.

I have not kept documentation, though I do sometimes take photos. It really would not be that hard to snap a phone photo at each supercharger, or get a tracker. I don't think missing a couple in your tracker would disqualify the visits or the "verified" tag - like if TeslaFi did not record it for some reason, or you forgot to take a photo.

It seems to me like this is onerous and unnecessary, although I'm happy to comply with the requirements in order to get a verified tag. I take pictures of all of my visits because I check in on PlugShare and add locations to Yelp when they don't already exist. Other people don't keep such diligent records, however.

The buzzkill accountant weighs in:

I am not in favor of a verified tag. I know how to snap a picture, but the rest is beyond me. It does not occur to me to snap a picture unless there is something really unusual about the charging session (like when I charged recently at Cheyenne, and I had to plow through the snow into the parking slot.) If we are already on the honor system with this challenge, adding verification just makes it more onerous and tedious.

Then we have to upload pictures--I upload so few pictures--that a brief written narrative to claim new visits (a five or ten minute exercise at the keyboard) transforms into gosh knows how long in trying to match what picture goes with what location, and then figuring out how to upload the pictures from my phone or digital camera.

Now, I will retreat back into sifting through Generally Accepted Auditing Standards to develop audit tests and procedures to validate everyone's totals. Those participants who are selected will be determined randomly. When you seen a guy arrive at a Supercharger with rimless glasses, sleeve garters, wearing a belt and suspenders, and carrying a blue pencil, you will know that your record keeping is under audit.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
Then we have to upload pictures--
Yeah, and who is gonna do the verification? They mostly look the same, mostly. It's not like there is a library full of what each station looks like from every angle in all forms of light.

Oh, and how do we KNOW it's your car? No one has a front license plate and we back into the charger...

Snow is a good disguise too

IMG_6664.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, and who is gonna do the verification? They mostly look the same, mostly. It's not like there is a library full of what each station looks like from every angle in all forms of light.

Oh, and how do we KNOW it's your car? No one has a front license plate and we back into the charger...

Snow is a good disguise too

View attachment 414003
Even in the snow I know where that charger is:)

I noticed that color conventions vary between users. I have no idea how they are generated.
They do vary by tab as the default is to automatically assign them. I could set them so they are all the same but at this time, that would be a lot of manual effort because each tab is unique.

I assigned a different pallet for you that has more colors. I think all your items now have unique colors.

Reactions: juliusa and Bighorn
Tip - finding superchargers you have not visited in the spreadsheet.

Create a filter view: data - filter views - create new temporary filter view

upload_2019-6-2_14-43-55.png

Navigate to the FIRST column with your data. This is not the visit date column - it is the one that will have the year visited. Select the filter icon in the header, then click on "clear" to clear everything.

upload_2019-6-2_14-48-49.png

Then scroll down in the list and select "not yet visited" and then click "ok"

upload_2019-6-2_14-51-0.png

You will now have a list of superchargers you have not yet visited.

upload_2019-6-2_14-53-3.png

• Informative
Reactions: theflyer
I would like make a motion to remove the Bellevue WA Service center from the Supercharger list. These 2 urban stalls are clearly for Service Center use only. I was there late last night hoping to get a charge and there were 2 service customer cars plugged in. No one in the game has listed as visiting them.

I would like make a motion to remove the Bellevue WA Service center from the Supercharger list. These 2 urban stalls are clearly for Service Center use only. I was there late last night hoping to get a charge and there were 2 service customer cars plugged in. No one in the game has listed as visiting them.
Sounds reasonable. Does it show up on Nav, since that seems to be our more recent metric? Does Alpharetta show on Nav?

Sounds reasonable. Does it show up on Nav, since that seems to be our more recent metric? Does Alpharetta show on Nav?
It does NOT show up on the Nav, the only way I knew about it was because of the listing that showed up last week on supercharge.info and that listing only resulted from someone posting a plugshare listing. Interestingly enough the plugshare listing says restricted to service center use only.

It does NOT show up on the Nav, the only way I knew about it was because of the listing that showed up last week on supercharge.info and that listing only resulted from someone posting a plugshare listing. Interestingly enough the plugshare listing says restricted to service center use only.
We can remove it from the game, regardless of what supercharge.info decides. I agree it should be removed from the game if it is not available to the public. Is anyone close enough to stop by during business hours and talk to someone, or know someone at the service center they can call or email?

• Informative
Reactions: theflyer