Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newly visited Superchargers, already added to spreadsheet:

9/27/2019
Wickenberg, AZ
Kingman, AZ
Henderson, NV
9/28/2019
Las Vegas, NV Fremont
Las Vegas, NV LINC Center
Las Vegas, NV South
9/29/2019
Las Vegas, NV Tivoli
Las Vegas, NV Alta
Needles, CA

Kingman was very slow (< 20 kW). Someone who visits regularly told us that the two outer stations are usually "full speed." There is a sign on a middle station stating it is out of order but someone pulled up and charged at that station while we were there.

F36C1FD8-9A57-4E69-B7F1-C7B3AA129D65.jpeg
Recalculating...
Hey, @Bighorn, I thought of you Saturday:

We are only tracking the first reported visit to a Supercharger for the competitors so I don't think we can do what you suggest. The Google Sheet has the total visits per site in Column AF of the Superchargers tab, and columns AG -> AM track by year.

Never mind, I see tes-s posted the same info while I was typing this.

That is pretty neat; however, I cannot find this information on any of the tabs. All the tabs with "supercharger" in the title show charts, not spreadsheets.

I'm now in the practice of posting all my stops in order and on the same day of travel (possibly after midnight same day of travel). That's why I sometimes list a country more than once, to preserve the order (not sure if it really matters, but...).
I wanted to get a better handle on your trip so I threw the data into a Google Map:

PLUS EV Europe - Google My Maps

Where will you go next? Such rich pickings - 371 to choose from. Seven more needed for the Global lead.

(I removed the UK and Ireland since I assume you won't cross the Channel)

Reactions: Big Earl and DavidB
I've already updated my column on the spreadsheet, but I'm posting 2 more from this weekend: Paulsboro NJ and Basking Ridge NJ, both on 9/28. No photos this time, they came out pretty bad.

Long trip this coming weekend too (DC-NJ-DC-Pittsburgh-DC), although still tiny compared to many who post here... it remains to be seen whether I'll catch any new locations.

Heh, I just realized this has a bit of a Pokemon Go feel to it. (My son and his friends play a lot.)

Can this fancy Tableau compile the total visits by site by us competitors and overall? Gotta remember I am an accountant, and information like this is fun to know. We could determine the most frequently visited SC, the least visited SC, and the mean, median, and mode for all the locations.

My request might be onerous, tedious, and not get much traction! I am just throwing this out there to see if others have interest too. :)
Yes, quite easy and could be enabled to filter in lots of interesting ways. I'm just totally slammed with work and various life obligations for the time being so won't be many enhancements to Tableau in the near term. Would be helpful to me if someone could compile a list of requests somewhere for me to work on when time allows.

Since we have jbcarioca and plusEV (and perhaps a handful of others) taking this contest to other continents, perhaps we should have divisions for the competitors. I just know that Bighorn will get the itch!

Domestic (this would include our resident continent)

International (this would include all other continents, exclusive of our residency)

Total (the sum of a+b)

There is certainly a valid argument that the leaderboard is no longer applicable. In actuality, it’s been that way since folks from other continents have joined, but we didn’t address it. We can’t all occupy the same list if the “game” is to visit all the superchargers, but we have a different set of chargers available to us. It’s all about getting the numerator to match the denominator and if we have different denominators, numerators becoming meaningless. Currently the denominators are 752 for NA, 474 for Europe, and 378 for Asia. So we have European competitors who could have a perfect 100% hit rate who would be way down our leaderboard. I think we need a metric of % visited based on a person’s denominator and base the leaderboard on that.

Yes, quite easy and could be enabled to filter in lots of interesting ways. I'm just totally slammed with work and various life obligations for the time being so won't be many enhancements to Tableau in the near term. Would be helpful to me if someone could compile a list of requests somewhere for me to work on when time allows.

My suggestion would be that we create a leaderboard where people state their “playing card” and we rank the list by % of chargers visited. The simplest plan would be by local continent, though if it were possible, it might be nice to customize it by countries. A lot of folks won’t venture into Mexico, so my intrepid sojourn gave me a numerical advantage that others aren’t likely to risk given the challenges of safe passage. If we allowed players to state that they were playing the US and Canada as opposed to North America, we level that aspect. Actually, I don’t think I’d include Mexico in my leaderboard metric because it’s unlikely I’d venture there to compete other than perhaps a day trip to Baja.

It also levels the economic and cultural inequality I objected to with international travel. If someone were to choose to play a global game, that’s perfectly acceptable, even laudable, but they end up playing a different “game card” and the denominator changes. They could still excel on a separate global visits metric, but it would not confer an unfair advantage on the overall metric of % of chargers visited. It actually would penalize the position on that list if the effort were not earnest and just gaming the system because my their % visited number would drop in most cases.

I don’t know how tough it would be to implement this as I’ve stayed at arm’s length over most of the changes to date. I do appreciate all the thought and effort that has gone into the awesomeness that’s been shared to date. Europe would be a bit more challenging given the number of countries. I know if I went to Norway and got all their chargers, it would be nice to add that the my playing card since adding “Europe” would be disadvantageous since it would grow the denominator by 474 and my % visited would tank. I think it also addresses future unforeseen disadvantages such as factoring in Asia, as there’s probably a limited subset of people who are allowed to drive in certain places. For instance, one cannot rent a car in China without a Chinese drivers license. Most of us will never be able to clear that hurdle, but someone will be able to and at that point the game becomes meaningless if it’s just the number of chargers visited. Don’t even get me started on Mars:)

There is certainly a valid argument that the leaderboard is no longer applicable. In actuality, it’s been that way since folks from other continents have joined, but we didn’t address it. We can’t all occupy the same list if the “game” is to visit all the superchargers, but we have a different set of chargers available to us. It’s all about getting the numerator to match the denominator and if we have different denominators, numerators becoming meaningless. Currently the denominators are 752 for NA, 474 for Europe, and 378 for Asia. So we have European competitors who could have a perfect 100% hit rate who would be way down our leaderboard. I think we need a metric of % visited based on a person’s denominator and base the leaderboard on that. <snip>

I'm pretty sure I suggested the "percent of superchargers visited in your country or continent" somewhere in the thread but I can't find it at the moment. I did suggest the "miles per supercharger" metric which is always interesting to me. Good suggestion to let each competitor choose which countries they are including as their battleground as PLUS EV can select France, Germany, Belgium, etc. but not include Norway, Finland, Turkey, or Portugal and would have a more-accurate ratio of locations visited in the countries he drove through but including all of Europe seems unfair. I don't think anyone has hit another continent with as much gusto so it probably wasn't a necessary discussion item.

My updated numbers are 143,400 miles and 668 superchargers in 3 yrs 5-1/2 months or 215 miles per supercharger. That's also 41,465 miles and 193 superchargers per year. My numbers are drastically slowing down but I had a great time adding all of these so far.

<snip> Aug 30, 2018: I like the "Odometer to Supercharger count" metric. I started this game late (Dec 2017, ~60k miles, and 135 locations) but am at 107k miles and 509 locations now or an average of 210 miles per new location. It's even more fun using Dec 2017 as "zero hour" and in 8 months I've gone 47k miles and hit 374 new locations or an average of 125 miles per new location.

I have an advantage because I started late and haven't made as many trips around the country as others but Bighorn is at ~200k miles and 590 locations so he has an average of 340 miles per new location. If only someone was able to edit the list so it would auto-calculate things such as that when you enter your odometer after adding your new locations so it would display automatically.

I also just enjoy getting to different parts of the country I normally wouldn't visit and sometimes it isn't even to visit a new supercharger so I'm having a blast getting a chance to do both sometimes.

Ha, true NKYTA, and someone who has 30 superchargers under their belt with just 2,000 miles on the vehicle is world's ahead of me in that metric. You are definitely doing well with only 87k, but, most of your missing ones are on the other side of the country so good luck keeping up your metric.

And yep, for those who use more than one vehicle just need to keep a total tally of distances they've driven in any vehicle so 200,000 + ?,000 for Bighorn. Maybe even average number [of superchargers] per year would be fun too. That way it isn't always the same 20 names at the top of a table or chart.

Last edited:
Reactions: NKYTA
There is certainly a valid argument that the leaderboard is no longer applicable.
Way way way back when I conjured this eventuality in brainstorming what a "supercharger game" might look like. We've moved forward greatly with the additional Tableau resources for data tracking but have yet to fully embrace the game concept.
The superchargers are the objective, but realistically your car and your time are the resources, as well as possibly your financial status and internet savvy. Without taking sides, I think it's important to realize that people with a lot of time on their hands have a leg up on folks that have a 9-5 five days a week. Just like anyone driving a 100mWh car has a leg up on someone with a 60mWh vehicle. Is it important to make those distinctions for tracking purposes in "the game"? That's going to be for the user community to decide.
In the purest sense, however, it's about achieving a number and conquering territory. At the start of the Tableau implementation we had folks clearing states. That's still a fun and underutilized aspect. We can also do fun things for local drivers like clearing all chargers within an X mile radius of your home (200, 500, 1000). We can play 4 corners of the continent for the long-distance junkies, as well as continue to hand out achievements for century milestones. Because at the end of the day, it's all about having fun WITH your car.
Neglecting the international aspect of the game is a mistake in my view since Tesla is an international company and we are, in a way, support the company with this effort. I'd like to have more European participants and would love to have representation from the Pacific Rim. We got a little bump with Elon Bear and maybe we get another with @PLUS EV's trip.
We'll see where to go next with this, but I remember way back when for both @NKYTA and @PLUS EV being out for weeks at a time and thinking that was a game-changer. The company, the car and the infrastructure are evolving and I think we have to evolve with it.