Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging costs rising

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's because that's how it was reported this morning... it's only now that people re-write their articles that it becomes clear that costs are added to the 21p. The good news it's starting at 21p, not 52p or 72p.

As you say, hopefully providers will trim their prices. I seem to recall that for me 66p is dangerously close to the price of diesel.
I think like most, journalists aren't used to dealing with wholesale prices. "oh that's in MWh "wholesale", so we just divide by 1000 and oh look it's 21p". Very few people will really deal with this end of the market

I'll believe it when I'll see it.

I'm afraid EV charging operators will behave like petrol stations : hiking prices due to market conditions, but strangely, failing to lower them when costs go down... it's all about making the new prices the 'new norm' in the EV drivers collective mind...

UK wholesale day ahead prices for the last year :

The cap comes in at £211/MWh.

There is a lot of bleating from business about this, but while the trend line is rising and the cap is doubtless welcome, the suppliers are clearly profiteering. Capping the wholesale rate isn’t going to stop that.

Reactions: Andy666
Well yeah. Leaf only.

And leaf would ne that car (or similar battery sized) which feels the most impact on public charging. As you hone charge will let you make like 80 miles max or so
But nobody said charge from 0 to 100% ... I don't often put more than £1.80 into my car on an overnight charge ... that would be nearly 50% of my SR+ battery ... tonight I will be charging from 52% to 80% for example... about £1.05.

Reactions: KennethS
But nobody said charge from 0 to 100% ... I don't often put more than £1.80 into my car on an overnight charge ... that would be nearly 50% of my SR+ battery ... tonight I will be charging from 52% to 80% for example... about £1.05.
if it's over night, then yeah, most times is that amount. but I have those 60 kwh+ charges weekly, so you know.

still, I think it's WRONG to put the price only. Rate should be better.

Reactions: Jason71 and Adopado