Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging COVID-19 Restroom Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This covid has gone on a lot longer than the op and other posters thought. My problem is finding things open in the middle of the night. I go straight through from Massachusetts to Florida via I95 and end up somewhere in North Carolina. Usually everything next to the superchargers is closed during the night, particularly Sunday night.

Anyone know of any in that area that have open bathrooms in the middle of the night?
I lived in Virginia and we had nice rest stops open 24/7 on 95. I assume NC does also.

Superchargers are covered in the Americas forum, Americas -. The NC Superchargers are likely in the Mid-Atlantic or SouthEast sub-forums.

Also, I recall Virginia called "Welcome Centers" or some other nice-sounding name. Google shows a list of stops in NC on i95 when I entered "I95 North Carolina rest stops". These may be extra, but necessary, stops in the middle of the night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cape Coddess
This covid has gone on a lot longer than the op and other posters thought. My problem is finding things open in the middle of the night. I go straight through from Massachusetts to Florida via I95 and end up somewhere in North Carolina. Usually everything next to the superchargers is closed during the night, particularly Sunday night.

Anyone know of any in that area that have open bathrooms in the middle of the night?
I drove from Boise to Kansas City and back right during the middle of it in the Summer of 2020. It was during the daytime, but I knew this would probably be an issue with a lot of stuff closed down. So I did just have to add some extra stops. The big truck stops always had to stay open, so I would just stop there to use the bathroom and grab a sandwich and drink, which were not the same as my Supercharging stops.

Reactions: Cape Coddess
Our roads trips take us from southern IL to southern MD via I-64, and on our last two trips (July and Sept) traveling through IN, KY, WVA, VA into MD and we didn’t experience ANY issues. We are headed to MD on the 22nd for Christmas and have no clue what we will encounter. So we still probably stop at OPEN rest stop along the route and use the facilities at SuperChargers as available. What complicates this are the differences between local, state, federal and corporate policies. Example: in my area we have businesses (restaurants) where some allow INDOOR dining and bathrooms and some are closed. There’s no rhyme or reason.

I have an app called iEXIT to see what’s available off each EXIT along my route. And I urge folks to UPDATE Plug Share as they gather info.

Reactions: theothertom