Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharging Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I have a performance edition and I am suppose to have the free supercharging for life, I was not being charged before even though I have only got supercharging couple of times only since its been only about 4 weeks that I got my car.

I had them attach a referral and made sure I got the supercharging with the vehicle. Anyhow long story short. Today I charged my vehicle at Supercharger and I got Charged for it on my Credit card What can I do ? And How should I go about it call Tesla customer service ?

I sent a Tesla a support request through my account page, and new charges have stopped appearing on my Tesla account (I've been to about 15+ supercharges since). My account still says Pay Per Use, but I haven't seen any new CC charges, but my old charges still have not been refunded.

I'm a bit of a broken record but - when we sold our 3 (no free super charging) I asked a Tesla how to prevent charges from the new owner on my account. Simple, remove the credit card from my account. Done.

I too have free super charging on our new Performance 3, email to document it, though the account page is still wrong (common issue look around the forum). I have been charged nothing and super charging works on the 3 just fine.

YMMV

So, I did call them today, Seems like they are giving me the run around like they did not attach the code properly the referral code or something. And the person responsible for it needs to do it. I do have the email however from Sept 13th which confirmed code was attached. So don't know what's going on .. Also I did confirm back in August 20th or something over the phone that I was getting the free supercharging for life and the referral code was attached to my order.

Now they seem to be saying it was not attached properly. I do not understand then how there customer service confirmed me earlier that everything was done. anyhow They have asked me to wait for a week and they will try to get this resolved hopefully Everything from here on will go smoothly.

Also the customer service rep said once this is resolved what ever that I am being charged now will be refunded. Will see how it goes.

Anyway does anyone else having similar issues ?

I guess I will just keep charging as normal at supercharges and hope it will get refunded once all this is issue is resolved. Anyhow Thank You Oyster for pointing to that post it does assure me I am not alone other are having same issues.