Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging more expensive than petrol?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw that on my FB feed. It reads as utter bollox and certainly weighted towards if not paid for by Big Oil.
As others have said, ICE's have no option but to use filling stations whereas EV's can charge from a variety of sources.

The author obviously has a grudge against EV's but the trouble is that his words will be taken as true by so many. Print so often is.
I saw a similar article here in Sweden, bullshit mainly. They even overstatedthe cost of the homecharger AND omitted to apply the 50% grant, some greasy hacks are taking money to push this bollox narrative. Desperation on behalf of big oil. My neighbour gets his id3 on Friday, the tide is turning, our street will then be 2 EVs in 95 houses

Reactions: CyberGus
It isn't cheaper today or any other day to date. In case anyone missed it (given the thread title) ... charging an EV remains massively cheaper than petrol/diesel in the UK ... the title of this thread refers to an article in Australia so is only tenuously relevant to the this UK/Ireland part of the forum, other than for general interest.

While I would agree that gas prices are more volatile in the US due to the very low tax, prices are at 20-year lows in the UK:

United Kingdom Gasoline Prices | 1995-2020 Data | 2021-2022 Forecast | Historical

and 15-year lows in Australia:

Australia Gasoline Prices | 1998-2020 Data | 2021-2022 Forecast | Historical | Chart

It is not realistic to project these price levels into the near future, as demand will increase significantly when the Covid lockdowns ease.

While I would agree that gas prices are more volatile in the US due to the very low tax, prices are at 20-year lows in the UK:

United Kingdom Gasoline Prices | 1995-2020 Data | 2021-2022 Forecast | Historical

and 15-year lows in Australia:

Australia Gasoline Prices | 1998-2020 Data | 2021-2022 Forecast | Historical | Chart

It is not realistic to project these price levels into the near future, as demand will increase significantly when the Covid lockdowns ease.

We all know that petrol/diesel prices are not cheaper than Supercharging. I'm reluctant to even post to this thread now ... its title just shouts "fake news" when I see it on the forum list. Shall we let it die a natural death?

We all know that petrol/diesel prices are not cheaper than Supercharging. I'm reluctant to even post to this thread now ... its title just shouts "fake news" when I see it on the forum list. Shall we let it die a natural death?

Aye. I think we should kill it with a vengeance!!:mad:...On the other hand, it has its entertainment value and the contradictions make me feel good :D

• Funny
Reactions: Adopado