Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surge protector saved Wall Connector, maybe.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had installed an Intermatic AG3000 surge protector in my panel about halfway up the panel above wall connector 60A breaker, the only place to fit it easily.
Last week, a storm came through, and the power flicked on and on a few times, It damaged both my garage door openers electronics and the board in the furnace.
Of course cant say 100% it saved the wall connector, but it was undamaged and the light on the protector went out indicating it needs to be replaced.
Too bad it didn't take out the TV, Told the wife we should replace it anyway, just to be sure---didnt work ;[ .

I've been tempted to get a whole house surge protector. I might have to bite the bullet.

Its suspicious that it didn't save your other devices. I assume insurance will help you with the cost of your devices and maybe even the AG3000(assuming your deductible makes it worth doing)

I've been tempted to get a whole house surge protector. I might have to bite the bullet.

Its suspicious that it didn't save your other devices. I assume insurance will help you with the cost of your devices and maybe even the AG3000(assuming your deductible makes it worth doing)
It will only protect what's below the suppressor in the panel, This suppressor isn't made for the whole house, So I just installed it above the charger but below the main panel feed. It was $75 on Amazon. I just replaced the boards in the furnace and openers, well below deductible.