Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surround vehicle display limited v2.0 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My message is back up. Now unable to perform nav on ap...

Has anyone gotten a straight answer front Tesla?

Attachments

• 9214C3F5-FCE7-42ED-BF68-BDE7623D2943.jpeg
    9214C3F5-FCE7-42ED-BF68-BDE7623D2943.jpeg
    856.3 KB · Views: 123
My message is back up. Now unable to perform nav on ap...

Has anyone gotten a straight answer front Tesla?
We got the "Surround view limited" message twice over the weekend. The first time was when we were driving into the sunset and a car came up behind us and turned their lights on. It only lasted a couple minutes and then we were able to use auto lane change again. The second time happened the next morning as we were driving before dawn and then the sun started to come up behind us. After a few minutes, the message went away and we were able to use auto lane change again. We thought that maybe the different levels of light from the front facing cameras vs. the light from the rear facing cameras might've been causing the issue.

My model S 75 has been making a low buzzing noise for 4 days on and off while sitting in the garage (didn’t do this for first 2 months of owning it). Now, sound vehicle display warning going off. Was so stoked on the car... now worried... dang

Having this issue as well in my Dec '16 S75. It's intermittent, seems to happen mostly at dusk in specific areas on my drive home.

Additionally, my "navigate on autopilot" camera calibration has been stuck at 94% for hundreds of miles, can't help but think they're related. Guess I need to spend a few hours waiting for someone at Tesla to pick up the phone...

Hi Guys..I just got my Model 3 last week, Dec 4th and since yesterday I have been having the same sorround vehicle display error. I am posting here so that people are aware this is a widespread problem. Talked to Tesla SC and taking the car in tomorrow for diagnostics. Will post an update here after I know more.

You can add me to the list of victims. Just set out on a thousands of miles road trip and got this error message on the first day. It isn't convenient to stop at a service center so I will probably just drive the thousands of miles with the error message. Very annoying indeed!

4 months in, still don’t have an appointment to get camera replaced. I’m assuming they were waiting for more diagnostics and hoping a firmware version would fix it in between my enquires. At any rate, I guess I’ll try escalating again as my service rep has gone MIA.

You can add me to the list of victims. Just set out on a thousands of miles road trip and got this error message on the first day. It isn't convenient to stop at a service center so I will probably just drive the thousands of miles with the error message. Very annoying indeed!
UPDATE: I guess I am one of the lucky ones. After reading a thread on the tesla.com forum, I took the advice of cleaning all the exterior cameras and the message went away.

When the message first popped up, I was travelling through frozen fog on a heavily sanded road, so that probably explains why I got it. But unlike some others, the message didn't clear in better weather. It only cleared when I wiped off the cameras. In hindsight, I remember seeing a phantom motorcycle behind the image of my Model S on my dashboard display on many occasions over the past month, so I'm guessing that camera was the camera that wasn't seeing properly. Lots of rain in Seattle this time of year and I notice that backup camera often gets blurry, but after the rain stops, the blur usually goes away. I guess some gunk and smudges were accumulating on it though.

Hi Guys..I just got my Model 3 last week, Dec 4th and since yesterday I have been having the same sorround vehicle display error. I am posting here so that people are aware this is a widespread problem. Talked to Tesla SC and taking the car in tomorrow for diagnostics. Will post an update here after I know more.
UPDATE: I did not have to go to SC. I just wiped off all the cams again and the message just went away.