Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Height - P3D vs. P3D+ vs. RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my P3D without performance package at the end of July. When parked next to RWD cars at the delivery center, it was pretty obvious that my car was lowered slightly (when I ordered it, the performance upgrade package did not list lowered suspension as an upgrade). I'd be curious what other people's ride height measurements are, especially the P3D+. I measured from the top of the fender/wheel well to the ground as well as to the center of the cap (to eliminate differences in tire diameter). Here's what I got - note I'm including all 4 wheels b/c there's a 1/4" variation; sad!

RF (right front): 15 3/4" to center of cap; 28 1/4" to ground
LF: 15 5/8" to center of cap; 28" to ground
RR: 15 3/4" to center of cap; 28 1/4" to ground
LR: 15 7/8" to center of cap; 28 3/8" to ground

(example picture attached for how I measured to the cap)View attachment 325542
How can cap to ground be different? you got 3 different tires ?? tire pressure not the same?? I don't get it.

Just got my P3D+ and I think they installed the wrong spring on the back of the car.

tire pressure 42psi, very small incline in my garage.

Right Front: 28 1/8" to ground
Left Front: 28 1/8" to ground
Right Rear: 28 3/4" to ground
Left Rear: 28 3/4" to ground

the front matches SupersonicP3D but the rear is way off. Could someone with P3D+ please provide measurement from wheel well to the ground? I might need some data to take with me to the SC.

thanks in advance.
My P3D+ is sitting almost exactly like yours, although I only measured the right side. Am a little concerned that the rear is noticeably higher and that others are seeing lower consistent numbers all around. I will probably mention at the service center next week.

Could someone with a P3D+ take a picture of the side of the car so we can see the gap between tire and body? I'm super curious to see how that looks compared to the regular suspension.

Here's how the RWD looks with T-Sportline's lowering kit, i think the "After" photo looks much better and hope the P3D+ is similar!

upload_2018-9-14_22-43-45.png

Just got my P3D+ and I think they installed the wrong spring on the back of the car.

tire pressure 42psi, very small incline in my garage.

Right Front: 28 1/8" to ground
Left Front: 28 1/8" to ground
Right Rear: 28 3/4" to ground
Left Rear: 28 3/4" to ground

the front matches SupersonicP3D but the rear is way off. Could someone with P3D+ please provide measurement from wheel well to the ground? I might need some data to take with me to the SC.

thanks in advance.

Did you ever investigate this? My rear is a half inch higher than the front

Took it into service center and they measured it and is working with engineering team. I'll update once it is resolved.

Ride height did seem to settle a little bit lower in the back after 1000 miles. Like 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch or so.
Do you have any update to this. I measured mine and I have a 1" variation from left rear to right rear and it didn't settle after 1800 miles.
Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 11.02.52 PM.png

Service has been languid in their response. I was hoping someone has some sort of info about this. My rear definitely sits 1/2" higher than the front. Others have posted a different measurement. I really want to make sure I have the correct springs, but so far it's not looking like that's the case.