Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Height - P3D vs. P3D+ vs. RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service has been languid in their response. I was hoping someone has some sort of info about this. My rear definitely sits 1/2" higher than the front. Others have posted a different measurement. I really want to make sure I have the correct springs, but so far it's not looking like that's the case.
Took mine to the SC and they didn’t even really have a spec yet on how high it was supposed to be? The tech said they could order me new springs - I said I didn’t necessarily need new springs but just wanted to make sure it was right. I guess they are still planning on new springs but strange that they didn’t know.

Did you ever hear back from Tesla on this? I'm noticing that my front spring PN is not what is shown on the public parts catalog. I have 1044379-04-B and they show 1044368-04-B.

https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/systemGroups/47401
I had mine in to the service center twice and asked them about the suspension height both times since mine is about 1/2” higher in back. They basically said there is some variability in the height and that they don’t have a spec for what it should be yet. I should have asked them about the parts specifically but I assume they would have checked that.

• Helpful
Reactions: beastmode13
Did you ever hear back from Tesla on this? I'm noticing that my front spring PN is not what is shown on the public parts catalog. I have 1044379-04-B and they show 1044368-04-B.

https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/systemGroups/47401
I have the same setup as you. Rear springs listed but wrong height but front springs listed and lower height. The people with lower rear springs part numbers aren't listed. I bet the P+ springs aren't listed and we have half of them or they made a change at some point.

The P3+ that I test drove did not have this.big of gap. If fact any P3+ in the 50k to 60k vin range have much smaller gap than my car. I think anyone not happy with the gap need to keep pushing Tesla to provide a solution so they will do something about it.
Yes, I love my Tesla but if they are going to advertise “lowered suspension” then what is it lowered relative to?