Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Problem on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All you fanboys can criticize me all you want. The fact is I had my car in for service two weeks before the ball joint failed because of excessive tire wear. The service center aligned the front and read end. At that point the excessive ball joint wear should of been detected and all this would be mute. It was only after the ball joint came apart that I realized I had a problem. If it happened at a high rate of speed it could of been tragic for myself or others.

Oh, right, it's obvious that he would report the issue that he acted as though he didn't know what occurred to the NHTSA...

Do you know for a fact that he reported it vs. that other person (I think from Australia)?

I don't know if one needs to be the owner of the vehicle to file, but the way it was written, sounds like it was written as a third person since the VIN is not listed and it talks about this discussion forum (vs. saying "I had this problem")

Do you know for a fact that he reported it vs. that other person (I think from Australia)?

I don't know if one needs to be the owner of the vehicle to file, but the way it was written, sounds like it was written as a third person since the VIN is not listed and it talks about this discussion forum (vs. saying "I had this problem")

Yes:

2013 TESLA MODEL S | Safercar | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

Look at the one with the 4/28 filing date, complete with VIN and the location in his profile.

Az,
In this case, the corrosion was so bad, the ball dislodged from the socket. While that corrosion happened over weeks/months, you wouldn't just feel misalignment, you would hear loud clanks, rough shakings, loud noise so that your ride is practically impossible. It is impossible to ignore. But this guy just suddenly woke up to the problem one fine day.
All you fanboys can criticize me all you want. The fact is I had my car in for service two weeks before the ball joint failed because of excessive tire wear. The service center aligned the front and read end. At that point the excessive ball joint wear should of been detected and all this would be mute. It was only after the ball joint came apart that I realized I had a problem. If it happened at a high rate of speed it could of been tragic for myself or others.

Why exactly is that?
Are you supposed to wait until you are the 10th failure? The 100th? The fifth accident that caused a bodily injury?

And how are you supposed to know when your failure is worth reporting?

Filing reports with the NHTSA is not so common that it would be normal not to mention it in a thread you start about the issue. Or at the very least, not normal to wait 2 weeks before acknowledging it.

Reactions: X Yes?

Thanks for following up with this piece of info - it was a big question I had as to if a SC would have caught this, and the answer is apparently no.

I am sure folks will be here soon to ask for scanned copies of the receipt. I'll take your word for it.

• Informative
Reactions: AndY1 and neroden
Ok, good. Glad it is official. Now there can be an investigation rather than the attempts to hush people up.

I was looking at the comment made earlier in the thread where it appears that someone else posted.

I don't think many people have an issue with him reporting the incident. It's his embellishment, and gullibility, that people are taking issue with.

Why exactly is that?
Are you supposed to wait until you are the 10th failure? The 100th? The fifth accident that caused a bodily injury?

I've never reported a failed part to NHTSA nor do I know anyone who as done so, other than the OP. If it's so common to immediately report a failed part to NHTSA why is it actually so rarely done in the real world?

Reactions: TMSE
I dont think I would report an issue like this to the NHTSA unless I thought The car company in question didnt care about saving lives. Obviously the OP thinks Tesla doesnt care about his life or others, which seems odd because this same company has created cars that withstand accidents and save lives through engineering more than any other company out there. That is a fact no fanboy bullshit. This is why I feel like the OP has a personal problem or agenda with all of this. I believe his car part was defective, yes, but i also feel something else happened afterwards that he is keepeing secret. Like the fact that he didnt tell us he filed a complained while starting this thread. Its sounds very FIF or Fishy as **** :rolleyes:

Reactions: TMSE
...My car has been driven 73000 miles...

My Model S has logged over 76,000 miles with no suspension problem.

Because I live in the drought California and hardly experience any pot holes or bad road surface so I can't boast about my problem free suspension system.

That does not mean there might be suspension problems for others.

It might be true that Tesla may have an inferior part that might have pre-maturely worn out.

Tesla Warranty is very clear that it only covers up to 50,000 miles.

I do appreciate posting of suspension problems as a public service.

However, I don't see how it is a crime for Tesla to demand payment to fix failing parts or pre-maturely worn out parts after the warranty runs out.

Reactions: X Yes? and TMSE
I've never reported a failed part to NHTSA nor do I know anyone who as done so, other than the OP. If it's so common to immediately report a failed part to NHTSA why is it actually so rarely done in the real world?

I know, right!
If only people had reported the GM ignition part failures earlier, it would have been a much better outcome.

This isn't a failed volume control knob, it is a failure that could have had much more serious consequences than it did.

But by all means, continue with blaming the victim - seems to be the sport here, so I am out.

Status
Not open for further replies.