Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Problem on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All you fanboys can criticize me all you want. The fact is I had my car in for service two weeks before the ball joint failed because of excessive tire wear. The service center aligned the front and read end. At that point the excessive ball joint wear should of been detected and all this would be mute. It was only after the ball joint came apart that I realized I had a problem. If it happened at a high rate of speed it could of been tragic for myself or others.

Well at least you had a symptom of the problem nailed down. Was the vehicle making creaking noises too? What did you specifically ask them to do? Did you ask them for an alignment? There should have been more symptoms.

My criticism of you is very narrow... exaggerating the communications you received from NHTSA and being a willing patsy for anti-Tesla trolls to the point of promoting their lunacy. You are right to report the issue to NHTSA, but without Mr. Wivaneff's idiotic embellishment. Certainly, if the Service Center caught the problem, which I would have expected that they would, the air shock and other parts might not have failed. What was their response to not catching the problem at that time?

I know, right!
If only people had reported the GM ignition part failures earlier, it would have been a much better outcome.

This isn't a failed volume control knob, it is a failure that could have had much more serious consequences than it did.

But by all means, continue with blaming the victim - seems to be the sport here, so I am out.

Are you seriously comparing a shitty company with no credibility like GM to Tesla?

My Model S has logged over 76,000 miles with no suspension problem.

Because I live in the drought California and hardly experience any pot holes or bad road surface so I can't boast about my problem free suspension system.

That does not mean there might be suspension problems for others.

It might be true that Tesla may have an inferior part that might have pre-maturely worn out.

Tesla Warranty is very clear that it only covers up to 50,000 miles.

I do appreciate posting of suspension problems as a public service.

However, I don't see how it is a crime for Tesla to demand payment to fix failing parts or pre-maturely worn out parts after the warranty runs out.

Totally agree, out of warranty and no ESA, so Tesla may be free of responsibility to cover the part.

But, in cases where a particular part fails, rather early compared to most other vehicles on the road, and that can endanger life - it is still worth an investigation at least. What do we pay these specialized government entities that already exist for otherwise? If research, testing, and/or investigation of similar incidents with more owners uncovers a safety issue that can be proactively address then great! Especially for owners and stockholders in the long-term.

this same company has created cars that withstand accidents and save lives through engineering more than any other company out there. That is a fact no fanboy bullshit.

Funny!!!
Tesla saved more lives than companies like Mercedes and Volvo with their innovations in ABS, airbags, cage structure, 3 point seat belt, seat belt tensioners, etc, etc. etc.

Go read Tesla's recent comments about how they viewed the safety and reliability of the Roadster, or explain how some owners of the X drive while holding their door closed due to latch problems, then get back to us about how they are doing on safety.

Are you seriously comparing a shitty company with no credibility like GM to Tesla?

You are missing the point.

I am stating that it is important for important safety related issues to be reported to the NHTSA. You know the "TS" is for Transportation Safety, not "Tesla S", right?

Besides, I think it is a s***** practice to try to hide info about safety issues like the ignition switch, or asking customers to sign NDA about safety related issues. Or do you think that is an acceptable business practice?

Last edited:
Funny!!!
Tesla saved more lives than companies like Mercedes and Volvo with their innovations in ABS, airbags, cage structure, 3 point seat belt, seat belt tensioners, etc, etc. etc.

Go read Tesla's recent comments about how they viewed the safety and reliability of the Roadster, or explain how some owners of the X drive while holding their door closed due to latch problems, then get back to us about how they are doing on safety.

People came out walking from crashes that would have killed them in a Mercedes, Volvo or any other car. Fact. That doesnt mean Volvo and others have no tried hard. Just saying you are safer in a Tesla than in any other car today.

You are missing the point.

I am stating that it is important for important safety related issues to be reported to the NHTSA. You know the "TS" is for Transportation Safety, not "Tesla S", right?

You report it when you think the company is being irresponsible and doesnt care. Thats when you report. I trust Tesla more than the OP for how he acted is fishy. There is something behind all this that the OP is keeping to himself.

People came out walking from crashes that would have killed them in a Mercedes, Volvo or any other car. Fact..

That is NOT what you originally said: "save lives through engineering more than any other company".
Fact.

There is no evidence of what you are now saying is even true. What proof do you have that a Tesla crash would have killed them if they were in a S500?
Fact.

Some people are not car savvy and ignore subtle signs that something is wrong for a long time. If all I noticed was my car was out of alignment, I might have let something like that go for a while before repairs. The service center is over an hour away and I would have to take off work to get the car in. I might wait until my annual service was due, honestly.
I've done this with several different problems on my Model S, waited for annual service. My nearest service center is almost 4 hours away. The original poster is in rural Pennsylvania. His nearest service center is likely to be quite far away as well.

This is yet another problematic side effect of Tesla's severe shortage of service centers; there is a strong incentive to *not* take the cars in to the shop when it's so far away.

That is NOT what you originally said: "save lives through engineering more than any other company".
Fact.

There is no evidence of what you are now saying is even true. What proof do you have that a Tesla crash would have killed them if they were in a S500?
Fact.

dude. Listen. Look at those pictures its stupid incredible. Mercedes has a frikin engine block up front.

You report it when you think the company is being irresponsible and doesnt care. Thats when you report. .

That is being completely irresponsible.
The average consumer is not sophisticated enough to know when a large corporation is being responsible and caring vs. going through the motions and telling them what they want to hear - "we have our best people working on it. Our. Best. People." "The CEO himself read your letter and was moved to tears about the terrible accident and he is personally looking into this". "We have the head of production and his dog Fido, sitting at the end of the production line to make sure This. Will. Never. Happen. Again." "Trust us, we are a big company".

If you have the option of talking to another service center you might try that
Is there anyplace where people compare experiences with Tesla Service Centers so we can get an idea of which ones know their stuff and which ones seem to have BMW plants to sabotage Tesla's image? My Denver service center gave me a seemingly ridiculous suggestion to stop my center screen from freezing about once a month.

That is being completely irresponsible.
The average consumer is not sophisticated enough to know when a large corporation is being responsible and caring vs. going through the motions and telling them what they want to hear - "we have our best people working on it. Our. Best. People." "The CEO himself read your letter and was moved to tears about the terrible accident and he is personally looking into this". "We have the head of production and his dog Fido, sitting at the end of the production line to make sure This. Will. Never. Happen. Again." "Trust us, we are a big company".

I trust Tesla because they demostrated they make the safest cars on the planet. The OP is another troll with an agenda, I dont trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.